“Nice Stay in Naperville ”

Chicago Marriott Naperville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed for one night on business during the week. The hotel was sprawling with nicely dressed business men and women and had 2 separate conferences filling their ballrooms. I typically stay at Hilton hotels if I have a choice, but this Marriott was lovely.

Positives:

Parking - Parking is free and the lot is large.

Location - this hotel is close to the highway and about 10 minutes from Naperville river walk/ shopping area. There is also an LA Fitness directly across the parking lot.

Room - I stayed in room 402, which is a corner room. It's at the end of the hallway but *almost* twice as large as the regular rooms. I would highly recommend.

Bathroom - the bathroom was average
-sized and had great water pressure.

Gym and Pool - indoor pool and nicely sized gym. No complaints.

Lobby - this was my favorite part about the hotel. There is a bar, restaurant, and Starbucks. The Starbucks was very convenient for a quick breakfast and my morning coffee. The lobby is large and open which makes for a great place to work in the evening/morning and/or hang out with your friends or coworkers. There was plenty of chairs, tables and couches and I never felt crowded. I loved this space.

Customer Service - the front desk staff was very friendly and courteous at check-in, in the evening and in the morning of check-out.

Negatives:

I had 3 negatives total. First, my room did not have a refrigerator. However, in the space where the refrigerator would be, is a sign that states to call down to the front desk for availability. Why not make it convenient for your guests and just have a refrigerator in every room? Many of your guests are staying multiple nights for business anyways.

Second, the room was nicely decorated but clearly dated. It looked like there was water damage in the corner of the room. There were also stains on the curtain which was pretty gross.

Lastly, it would be nice if you allowed your reward members to pick their room beforehand. This is one of my favorite things about Hilton. I know this is a corporate benefit, however it would be great to have on the app.

I would stay here again for business or pleasure. I'd also recommend to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Naperville.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 June 2017

When I checked into the hotel, the Front Desk agent acted distracted. I told her that I had checked in online, she handed me the keys. I had to ask her where the elevators were. There was no mention of being a Marriott Elite member which usually entitles you to breakfast.

It was on my third day of my stay when the waitress in the restaurant asked why I was having breakfast downstairs when I should be having it up stairs in the executive lounge. Executive lounge? You would have thought someone would have said something to me during check-in or when I had (and paid for breakfast) the morning before.

My only other observation was that there didn't seem to be enough elevators to handle the amount of people in the mornings and evenings. I found myself taking the stairs quite a bit!

1  Thank LAGuy90019
Management response:Responded 22 June 2017

Dear LAGuy90019,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Chicago Marriott Naperville with us.

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our front desk staff did not quite meet your or our expectations.

It is standard procedure to acknowledge all of our Elite guests especially when they take advantage of the Mobile Check-in through their phone application as well as informing the location of our elevators upon arrival and unfortunately fell short from your recent stay. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our arrival check-in process so that we can avoid short expectations moving forward.

Thank you for being a valued Elite member with the Marriott and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Naperville.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

It all started when we arrived. We had requested an adjoining room. And at check in were told this is what we had. When we got to our rooms they were not adjoining and were across the hall from each other. Nothing they could do, the rest were sold out. Attended the wedding we were there for and at three minutes to six we had a very rude bartender bark at us that they didn't start serving drinks till 6. Once cocktail hour was over we went to the ATM to get cash and that did not work, it was broken. When we complained the bartender shooshed me and again was very rude. Went up to our room and turned the TV on..... 90 percent of the channels did not come on. Called the front desk, she attempted to connect me to a manager but forgot to put me on hold... So I got to listen to the managers sarcastic and unprofessional reaction before he took my call. The showers are tiny, bedding was dirty and did not look changed. Extremely disappointed with the whole experience. Will never stay at a Marriott again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank helloworld06282014
Management response:Responded 19 June 2017

Dear helloworld06282014,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience at the hotel. We will follow up with the appropriate teams to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for informing us of the ATM issue as well. The company came to fix it and it is now working properly. We have also placed a call to our cable provider to eliminate any TV issues when inclement weather occurs.
Helloworld06282014, we would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you. Please let us know if your travels bring you back to the Naperville area so that we can better serve you.

Micaela Haas

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Stayed four nights on a business related trip. Room was pretty typical Marriott which is a good thing. Attractive room, comfortable beds, clean. Housekeeping did a very nice job. Starbucks in the lobby and hotel is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and shops. Other restaurants, theaters, etc,. are within quick driving distance. Well kept grounds and pleasant, safe, area. Only downside were some very rude business groups also staying at the hotel. If you plan on stopping at Starbucks on your way out in the morning, leave time for many line-cutters and people ordering for groups - otherwise you may miss your shuttle or be late for a meeting.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I've stayed here before on business, but next time I think I will stay at one of our other company approved hotels.

I checked in earlier this afternoon for a three night stay. A couple hours after arrival I decided to take a short nap. I pulled back the covers to find multiple strands of hair on the bed sheet, under the covers. A few of them were "short and curly," if you catch my drift. It was clear that the housekeeper didn't bother changing the sheets from the night before. I was absolutely disgusted!!! One might expect that at a Motel 6 or some no-name place, but geez...this is a Marriott.

Rather frustrated, I called down to the front desk to tell them about the situation. They put me on hold, then came back on and told me that they were coming up with a new set of keys and would be moving me and my things to one of their "king corner suites."

Some young kid from the front desk came up to drop off my keys. I stepped aside in the doorway, anticipating him coming in to "move my things" to the other room. I stood there and just let the awkward pause run its course. Front desk boy finally said "Oh, did you want help?" in the sort of tone that made it clear it would be a bother to him. I told him to forget it, that I'd do it myself.

I got myself moved down to the new room, this "king corner suite"....ha, right. Just the same room as I had with a few extra square feet because it is in the middle of the floor where the hallway takes a 45 degree turn. Nice suite! LOL

Oh well, at least I have a beautiful view looking down on the dumpster in the back of the hotel!

Room Tip: Check to see if the bedding was changed from the previous guest! ICK, would hate to see what a blac...