All reviews the concierge lounge holiday inn full service hotel restaurant room service room was spacious restaurants within walking distance breakfast buffet water pressure free shuttle walk in shower lobby area nice stay corner room hockey tournament business hotel fitness center
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

It all started when we arrived. We had requested an adjoining room. And at check in were told this is what we had. When we got to our rooms they were not adjoining and were across the hall from each other. Nothing they could do, the rest were sold out. Attended the wedding we were there for and at three minutes to six we had a very rude bartender bark at us that they didn't start serving drinks till 6. Once cocktail hour was over we went to the ATM to get cash and that did not work, it was broken. When we complained the bartender shooshed me and again was very rude. Went up to our room and turned the TV on..... 90 percent of the channels did not come on. Called the front desk, she attempted to connect me to a manager but forgot to put me on hold... So I got to listen to the managers sarcastic and unprofessional reaction before he took my call. The showers are tiny, bedding was dirty and did not look changed. Extremely disappointed with the whole experience. Will never stay at a Marriott again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank helloworld06282014
Management response:Responded 19 June 2017

Dear helloworld06282014,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience at the hotel. We will follow up with the appropriate teams to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for informing us of the ATM issue as well. The company came to fix it and it is now working properly. We have also placed a call to our cable provider to eliminate any TV issues when inclement weather occurs.
Helloworld06282014, we would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you. Please let us know if your travels bring you back to the Naperville area so that we can better serve you.

Micaela Haas

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Stayed four nights on a business related trip. Room was pretty typical Marriott which is a good thing. Attractive room, comfortable beds, clean. Housekeeping did a very nice job. Starbucks in the lobby and hotel is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and shops. Other restaurants, theaters, etc,. are within quick driving distance. Well kept grounds and pleasant, safe, area. Only downside were some very rude business groups also staying at the hotel. If you plan on stopping at Starbucks on your way out in the morning, leave time for many line-cutters and people ordering for groups - otherwise you may miss your shuttle or be late for a meeting.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I've stayed here before on business, but next time I think I will stay at one of our other company approved hotels.

I checked in earlier this afternoon for a three night stay. A couple hours after arrival I decided to take a short nap. I pulled back the covers to find multiple strands of hair on the bed sheet, under the covers. A few of them were "short and curly," if you catch my drift. It was clear that the housekeeper didn't bother changing the sheets from the night before. I was absolutely disgusted!!! One might expect that at a Motel 6 or some no-name place, but geez...this is a Marriott.

Rather frustrated, I called down to the front desk to tell them about the situation. They put me on hold, then came back on and told me that they were coming up with a new set of keys and would be moving me and my things to one of their "king corner suites."

Some young kid from the front desk came up to drop off my keys. I stepped aside in the doorway, anticipating him coming in to "move my things" to the other room. I stood there and just let the awkward pause run its course. Front desk boy finally said "Oh, did you want help?" in the sort of tone that made it clear it would be a bother to him. I told him to forget it, that I'd do it myself.

I got myself moved down to the new room, this "king corner suite"....ha, right. Just the same room as I had with a few extra square feet because it is in the middle of the floor where the hallway takes a 45 degree turn. Nice suite! LOL

Oh well, at least I have a beautiful view looking down on the dumpster in the back of the hotel!

Room Tip: Check to see if the bedding was changed from the previous guest! ICK, would hate to see what a black light uncovers!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JBMiller73
Management response:Responded 13 June 2017

Dear JBMiller73,

Thank you for your review. I am deeply sorry for the issues you encountered at our property. As you know, we pride on providing an excellent experience, and we were not able to deliver that during your stay.

Please know that I have followed up with the housekeeping department in regards to the cleanliness of your room, so that we can avoid this from happening in the future.

I have also followed up with the host that brought the keys up to your room. He sincerely apologized for his actions. We will continue to train our staff to provide the best service possible with all of our guests.

Again, thank you for providing your feedback. We hope that we see you again!

Micaela Haas
Director Of Operations

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We really didn't get a chance to take advantage of the amenities since we were there for a wedding but it was a very nice hotel. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The beds were incredibly comfortable and it was handy to have a Starbucks in the lobby. It was also a very nice to have so much space in the lobby to spread out. Breakfast costs were ridiculous but there were great brunch places within about half a mile so we just drove there!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank addiecat2015
Reviewed 18 May 2017

When you pull up to this property it is obvious that it is well kept. The lawn and landscaping are professionally maintained and the facility just calls to you "hey, pick me!" I was very impressed as I entered the lobby it had a aire of cleanliness to it. I was not overly impressed with my room and it seemed a bit dated but, but! the bed was very comfortable and the room had all the amenities I needed. I was just a bit disappointed in the workout facilities. Just needs some updates. The breakfast was very good and the hostess was more than jovial and pleasant. I would definently pick this place and stay there again if I were in the area!

Room Tip: Away from the Highway if possible. High up (less noise)
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business