“Good, not great”

Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosebud Italian Specialties & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 513 Restaurants in Naperville
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Centrally located in the very heart of downtown Naperville, Rosebud Italian Specialties and Pizzeria serves up a fresh approach to traditional Italian cuisine in a vibrant and creative space. Whether meeting for a formal dinner in the expansive main room, or a casual al fresco get together on our serene and comfortable patio, we offer a family-friendly experience that's perfect for any dining occasion. With our popular artisanal pizzas, fully stocked bar, and the classic Rosebud specialties you've grown up loving, Rosebud Italian Specialties and Pizzeria is your destination for dynamic and delicious dining.
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Having eaten at the city location numerous times, I was really looking forward to our meal at this suburban location. We dined at 5 on a Friday evening, and were able to get a table for 2 easily without a reservation. The atmosphere was pleasant, although I couldn't determine if the experience was supposed to be high-end, as the wait staff seemed to suggest, or casual, given the attire of the other patrons. The menu had ample choices, the wine list was good, and the bread offered at table was a highlight. I had a pasta dish and my husband had the chicken parm. Both were tasty, but unremarkable, and the portions were generous. What was shockingly disappointing were the baked clams we ordered as an appetizer. $12 for a half dozen quarter-sized clams, and they were TINY - like littlenecks! At $2 a piece, they were not worth the price. I can honestly say I have never in my life had clams that small served to me, at any price. Any pizza joint offers baked clams 4 times the size for that cost or less. The overall cost for the evening approached that of a fine dining experience, but I did not feel the meal or the ambiance matched the cost. I've had similar meals elsewhere for far less cost, and more memorable meals elsewhere for what we paid. I had been a longtime fan of the city Rosebud location, but I do not feel that this location matched those previous experiences. As my title indicates, it was a good, but not great, meal...and Naperville has too many truly great options for me to choose this one again.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

So, we have not been to Rosebud in a few months. It was my daughters 21st Birthday. Rosebud has always been one of my favorites. The food was as good as it’s ever been.
But after spending $250.00 on food and 2 drinks this was the first time I noticed the gratuity was already in the check. The only time I mind this is when I intend to leave a small tip. Our waiter could not have been more inattentive. And seemed disappointed when we asked about desert. We did not see him for the entirety of our meal. When I finally flagged him down and asked for coffee he bolted off without asking my wife or children if they needed anything. When I got my coffee and told him to take other drink orders from my family he looked completely confused.
If including the gratuity begets this kind of treatment stay away Rosebub, Naperville.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants since I was little. My family used to go to the one in Little Italy. The food here is amazing and the service is great. Perfect for family or a romantic dinner for 2! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I thoroughly enjoy Italian cuisine, and it is good to have Rosebud in the mix in downtown Naperville. It is located by the river that runs downtown Naperville and it offers a wide variety of delicious traditional Italian cuisine.
We last visited Rosebud with a group of friends, and some of the favorites were the fried Calamari and Bruschettas for appetizers, and Fuselli Arabiata, Baked Ziti, Rigatoni alla Vodka, Linguini & Mussels were very good.
My only complaint is to do with acoustics. Otherwise, enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here before attending the ghost tour. Our waiter was Joe and he was great. We sat outside and he was very attentive. One of us had lasagna. Another has fettuccine Alfredo. And the other had the one with homemade dumplings I forgot the name of it. Everything was excellent. I would go again!