“Birthday breakfast with 2 little girls...”

Big Jon's Lunch Box
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Mount Carmel
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Big John's is always a crowd pleaser and with such friendly and prompt service, I'm not sure why we ever eat anywhere else. My daughter just had her 2nd birthday, and we went out for breakfast to celebrate. The girls ordered a kid's pancake breakfast to share, and when the pancakes came out they were HUGE and shaped like MICKEY MOUSE!! My 2 and 4 yo were amazed! What a great detail and fun way to make kids smile! They each ate every bit of their breakfast (which was an amazing value with a side of meat or choice and 2 large pancakes in the kid's meal for what we paid). I had a breakfast with 2 pancakes, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, and ham thinking the pancakes for the girls would be small, and they would help me eat some of mine....wrong!! We were all full and happy...but I wasn't able to finish mine! They provide and awesome atmosphere for families and all others. We love Big John's...and the family who runs it!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This is a small restaurant that features midwest style home cooking. we have tried many of their items through the years and enjoyed all of them. You need to come early or late if you want a seat. It is clearly a favorite of many in the town. My biggest complaint is they are not open on Sunday. I know this is a very religious family and understand why they are not. Keep up the good work guys

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I eat a this place every time I pass through or stop in Mt. Carmel. Big Jon, the owner is super friendly and the food is fantastic. I love that each time I stop in they have a different daily special. I can eat their on multiple days and have a different home cooked type of meal everyday. Love the catfish, gumbo.........well I can honestly say that I have loved every meal that I have ever eaten there. Oh yeah, save room for dessert - the pies are wonderful. Small town place with a touch and taste of home cookin - this is a must stop if you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Everything I have had here is good. My favorites are the fish taco and chicken philly sandwich. Don't forget the pie for dessert. They are homemade and wonderful!!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Chicken, potatoes, mixed veggies and hot roll..coffee, tea or water.
They only catered the meal and it was what is normally expected.