“Amazing anniversary dinner!”
Review of Seasons

Seasons
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Morton
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this month and wanted to try something different for dinner. We chose Seasons Gastropub on a whim (we never heard of them, as we live in the Peoria area and don't come to Morton often) and learned they existed through a Bands In Town alert. We checked out their menu, which looked great, and we were not disappointed! My husband ordered the Blackened Mahi Mahi and I ordered the Pork Chop Plate, subbing the mashed potatoes for brussels sprouts. DELICIOUS! We learned our chef's name was Chris and we tipped him as well. The chops were cooked perfectly--most restaurants overcook pork, but these were juicy and flavorful. The blackened fish was also flaky and cooked to perfection. Our waitstaff comprised of Ronda and Ashton who was already a great waitress her 2nd day on the job. They attended to our every need promptly and courteously. Our one and only complaint is that they were not easy to find. Their entrance is not actually on Main St., though you can get to them via the Basta restaurant's entrance, or the parking lot behind Main Street. We will definitely be back - next time with friends!

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Cheri N

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Four of enjoyed fantastic dinner! My blackened salmon was perfect! Laid on a bed of ffresh corn with lime feta and sour cream and it was fantastic! My husband enjoyed his tenderloin and friends loved their huge burger with fresh cut French fries. Service was fast and attentive. Would recommend this fine restaurant to anyone wanting a little different twist to old favorites!

2  Thank LaVerda P
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Definition of gastropub
: a pub, bar, or tavern that offers meals of high quality
This place is not a gastropub it's a bar restaurant that don't know what it is. When you walk it from the seasons side your looking at a bar on the left a opening to another restaurant they owe called Basta's in the middle and a sushi bar on the right. I felt like i walked into a truck stop and had to decide where I wanted to eat at.
After being told at the hostess station I'll be right with you the forth person asked if we had been helped yet and seated us. We were given three menus. First the Seasons menu and is a mix of BBQ and standard sandwiches Not a gastropub menu when it's half standard BBQ and half standard bar food. second a beer wine and cocktail menu and third a the sushi menu well really a California roll menu..
After a short wait a waitress took our drink order Captain Morgan a diet Pepsi for my wife a a beer for me and returned with them a few minutes later.
My wife took a drink of her Captain Morgan and diet Pepsi and said it didn't taste good I tried it and it was gross. After trying to get our waitress's attention, took three attempts we told her my wife drinks wasn't right and asked for a root beer. She told us she had to check with her manager.I was thinking really you have to talk to a manager to take care of a bad drink but ok. So she returns and tells us he was going to take care of it LOL She then returns with the root beer but instead of being a root beer it's a Captain Morgan and root beer WOW really!! My wife said I just wanted a root beer so back again with the root beer.
Now we put in our order I get a bacon swiss with sweet potato fries and my wife gets the chicken philly with fries. While we are waiting for our food I wanted another beer so I had to flag down our waitress again I guess they don't know to check on the customers when there drinks are empty. Order another beer.
Finally the food comes and it's good but just your average bar burger and sandwich. That again where there gastropub name is lost. This is not high quality it's typical bar food.
We finish and get the bill and we are being charged for the mixed drink still. I asked the waitress about it and told her I thought the manager was taking care of it. She told us we still have to pay for it because they took care of it by bringing us the root beer. So off I go to talk to the manager about it. I asked him how charging me for a drink that was bad and giving us a pop instead was taking care of it. He told me he would take it off the bill. I told him he could charge me for a root beer but I just didn't want to pay for a mixed drink my wife couldn't drink. He insisted on taking it off the bill and not charging me for the root beer so thank you.
So to conclude the food is good but bar food not high quality elevated gastropub food. They are trying to be to many places in one to me A bar, BBQ joint, a restaurant a sushi bar and throw in a huge hall to another restaurant.
There are two restaurants that are close to being gastropub's in Peoria Thyme and The Publik House but Seasons the only one that has gastropub in it's name is not.

2  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Seasons for dinner on a Tuesday evening.
Since there was a wait for a table, we were offered to sit at the bar. We accepted the offer.
Upon sitting down, we were immediately offered menus and asked our drink choice.
Our drinks were brought right away, but that is where the quality of service stalled.
In less than 5 minutes, we knew what we wanted, so we placed our menus down in the counter. It took :20 minutes for a different person to see we had been sitting for a while to ask us if we wanted to order food. Got our food order placed. Observed waitresses carrying dirty dishes, setting them on the bar right beside us, then picking customers’ fresh food orders up without washing their hands. Another waitress had her bottle opener stuck in her back pocket. -glad I didn’t order my bottled drink from her.- our food came quick. Once we got done eating, we sat there for over :30 minutes again, waiting on a “to-go” box for a half of a sandwich. Never acknowledged by the staff if we needed anything else. We finally had to flag a 3rd waitress down and ask for a container and our check.
For as nice of an atmosphere, and in a community such as Morton, Seasons has some major improvement to do on their organization and quality of service.
Bar Rescue needs to show up here. I hope they can get their issues fixed.
I don’t need to go back.

2  Thank 05HarleyDan
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Great place for lunch or dinner. The menu changes seasonally, but I've always found some kind of delicious BBQ sandwich or pulled pork nachos. Very good fries, and a great selection of drinks. Delicious food, good portions!

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank reedma3

Been to Seasons? Share your experiences!