“family dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Great food great service decent prices. fantastic salad bar . Decent beer selection . Place is always clean, owner almost always there and comes to table or when you pay to ask if everything was OK

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I had dinner with two other people at the Forest Inn on a busy Sat night. You must have a reservation or you will wait for a table. The entree I ordered the frog legs were very good. The salad bar is a big added bonus too.
The only thing I did not like NO sandwiches on Saturday night.
The owner is extremely nice too and goes out of his way to make sure you are happy.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

When we want a great meal and great service, this is where we go. I had a guest from the ocean in Washington state and treated her to the Forest Inn last night. She was duly impressed. We started with their onion rings and stuffed mushrooms. Oh my goodness, so delicious. Then onto the salad bar and I always make sure to get the pickled herring and their cheese spread and liver pate.
We were so full we took most of our meal home. I had the chicken tenders and she had the coconut shrimp. She loved what she could eat being stuffed herself!! My favorite waitress, Cindy did a fabulous job of serving us.

1  Thank peonyrose
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent dining experience. The salad bar is very extensive, the usual salad fixings plus pickled herring, pate and deviled eggs. You could really make a meal of just the salad bar. However, you would be missing out on the delicious entrees. I had the jumbo shrimp which were very good. Others in our party had the filets. Everything was wonderful and our waitress was very attentive. We have eaten here before and definitely will again.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We have coming here for years. It is a nice old-fashioned place in the country. It has quaint group seating for most people in a very nice old world atmosphere. The waitstaff here are always pleasant and helpful. We love the salad bar (with homemade deviled eggs). They have very good steaks here, and my wife likes the shrimp, they have a few shrimp selections that are all good. Because all these things are good here, I gambled and got the scallops. This was a mistake, but it was my own fault. I love scallops, but we are in the Midwest. Other than that, we have always had very good meals here.