No photo provided
KB Barbeque
Ranked #31 of 97 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

To start off I went into the restaurant with twin toddlers. After 3 waitresses, who were huddled together by the register, watched me struggle to get high chairs they then got a very simple order wrong. There was no follow up and again the same 3 waitresses stood talking about personal issues and couldn't be bothered to bring a check. The food was less than subpar. If there was a way to give a negative number I definitely would!!! NEVER GOING BACK!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2016

The service was friendly and spot on. The food was all better than good. BBQ had a rich smoke flavor and sauce was very good that you added on yourself. Catfish was done right, crispy and had lots of flavor. Sides were very tasty. There was talk of the White Pie and had to ask about it, it sounded good had to try it out, was excellent. friendly locals. We will be back for it was all fresh, good and friendly.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Always a stop of mine when I'm in Southern Illinois. When I grew up in the 60's, this was known as Pulley's; the BBQ is as good now as it was then. And always, always get it with the slaw (chow). And they used to have Ms. Fosse's pies; I'm not sure who makes them now, but they are still great.

1  Thank RShadowens
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Shame on the others who have given this little hometown spot anything less than a a five star!!! Best lunch I have had in a long time. I loved the small town feel with the big town taste!! We went here based on a recommendation from a friend and I could not have been more pleased!!!

Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

Ate mid day lunch 2/28/15 after attending an auction in the area. I smelled the BBQ and asked my husband where it would be coming from. He explained. I had never heard of this place but he has ate here when it was another name years ago.

At 2:30 pm I was surprised to pull inn and see as many cars outside and matching the crowd inside. Right as I entered, I saw the several pies in the glass case. Both waitresses were very friendly. Immediate appearance of the restaurant was clean. Very family orientated. Since I had never ate here, it took me a couple minutes longer to decide what I wanted. Our waitress made sure I had ample amount of time to decide (without feeling rushed) and answered all questions.

Food was good. I didn't care for the BBQ sauce on the table, but that is only my opinion. My husband liked the hot kind. While waiting for my food, I got thinking about the pie. I saw the list on the wall and decided I would for sure take a piece to go on the way home. (Hour drive) I ate half the slice of Rhubarb in the car while waiting on my husband. Oops! It was very good and reminded me of my mother's pie. Next time we will get a whole pie to go.

I would come back here if in the area of the restaurant. It's located on the edge of Marion past the court house square.

Been to KB Barbeque? Share your experiences!