“Another disappointment ”

Pub 83
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Long Grove
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The service was great but food needs improvement. This is my 2nd time here. I wanted to give this place another try. The beef brisket looked and tasted like a French dip. The nachos was worst than what you get at a baseball game. The saganaki was okay. Pretzel bite sauce did not say sharp cheddar was WITH mustard sauce instead it makes you think there's cheddar AND mustard sauce. The cookie dessert was so burnt that you can't scrape it off the bottom. Expensive for this type of food.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Pub 83 recently opened. Took family for dinner. 10 of us. The menu had something for everone. Great selection of beers. Food was excellent for all and service was attentive.
Plan to return with a smaller group.MY WIFE ENJOYED PLAYING THE VIDEO SLOTS. SHE WAS SO HAPPY SHE WON .

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Some of these comments crack me up. Sure, maybe it wasn't perfect, but it's not a French restaurant. Get over it! Geez. (But some people wouldn't be happy even if the meal was free.) Anyone that says this place is pricey is out of their mind. The prices for both the food and alcohol are VERY reasonable. The building is still very nice, beautiful and classy. And although it may look like an expensive place, dinner and a couple drinks won't cost you an arm and a leg. (A Stella and a glass of house wine was $11.50. My wife is a wine drinker and she enjoyed it.) The food was delicious. We'll be back.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was at dinner last week with 3 friends. The server was very good but the food was very slow in coming and was just average-nothing special on the menu so nothing special on the plate.
What was bad were the cocktails. I had read that the restaurant had crafted cocktails. I ordered a lemon drop martini and it was the worst i have ever had- no color and not even a lemon! We returned it and the new drink took 15 minutes and was not much better, We gave up!
We will not be back

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Ordered pot stickers for a shared app and I had the "Diablo Burger" which was superb. Comes with thick steak fries. Burger was cooked perfectly and was very tasty.