“No alcohol in restaurant or bar”

Allgauer's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Lisle
Price range: USD 9 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt. 53 or Naperville Road
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Hilton hotel in Lisle where Allgauers is located lost its liquor license five weeks ago. We specifically booked this hotel because of the restaurant and bar. Dinner was good, not exceptional, and we were counting on having wine with our meal. We would have booked elsewhere if we had known - there are plenty of hotels in the area. Also the restaurant kept all of its bright lights glaring throughout the dinner. It was as if we were in there for breakfast - extremely bright which negated any possible evening ambiance. The service was exceptional, so I'll give them that. Otherwise it was a very disappointing evening.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I have had several dinners here over the years, and generally the food and service is good. However, compared to other local restaurants, the service and tastiness is not equal to the price. The last time I was there with a family group, we had to send someone to the bar for drink refills. I expect better service for the expense of the menu items.

1  Thank patriciatQ6312HT
Reviewed 26 November 2017

What an exceptional dinner. The food was outstanding. The service was great. Roberto the waiter was attentive even with a holiday crowd. This restaurant knows how to handle a group of individuals. My wife and I were treated as guests, not just any body. The staff was great, smiling and friendly. The personnel handling the food were exceptional friendly. It was a holiday for us. They made us feel like friends not customers.

1  Thank rmot2016
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I wanted a light supper and their grilled cheese with soup was exactly right. Of course they have many other choices for larger appetites. Bruce made me very much at home and struck just the right balance between excellent service without hovering.
Allgauers is in the Hilton and right across from the Sheraton.

1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I have been here many times from the breakfast to dinner. Great service and see the same waiters year after year. Must be a good place to work. This place has never let me down. Had the Allgauer’s salad with chicken last night. If you are into salads for a meal then it’s highly recommended.

1  Thank Kevin G