“American Sushi ”
Review of Kona Grill

Kona Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Aptatisik Road and Milwaukee
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

My family recently enjoyed a fun birthday celebration at this location. We had never been to this chain and were very pleasantly surprised at the delicious selection of sushi and other Asian specialties. We feasted on calamari and pot sticker appetizers, and ordered chicken stir fry and shrimp tempura and coconut shrimp rolls for our dinners. All were delicious and promptly served. But the best was the desserts - something we usually don’t get but couldn’t refuse at this place. The portions were huge - carrot cake, lemon tart and butter cake with ice cream! Our server was top notch. Reservations are helpful. Restaurant was filled with Homecoming Dance attendees so it was a bit noisy but once they left, all was more normal.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I always really enjoy my meals here, but I wish they offered more vegetarian and specifically vegan options. The vegetarian roll is my favorite thing to order and the oriental salad is fantastic. Have been here a few times, but the service was particularly slow this night. It wasn’t too crowded, so perhaps they are understaffed. Our server was apologetic about the wait and thanked us for our patience, but I was glad I wasn’t trying to get to anything afterwards.

One little oddity to be aware of - if you pay with cash they short you your change (i.e. they only bring paper money back to you, no coins). Maybe not a big deal to some, and yeah, we were only shorted 40 cents, but kind of odd. This has happened the last two times I’ve been there.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Their supposed signature sushi roll is a tad measly and not professionally done. Freshness just OK. Why bother?

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This was the 1st and last time we will be visiting the Kona Grill. I’m sorry to say that I can’t think of anything good about this restaurant. There were 5 of us at dinner and not one of us enjoyed our food. The meals were flavorless. Also, the service was very slow - our waiter had too many tables to serve. We must have waited an hour for our meals to come after ordering. This was not an enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This was a nice surprise and delicious business lunch. The choices all sounded great so I asked the waitress for advice and she helped us select the salmon salad and one of the bowls for 2 ladies to share. It was plenty and really delicious! Service was great and I look forward to go back. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: August 2018