“great meal, friendly”
Review of Kona Grill

Kona Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Aptatisik Road and Milwaukee
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

good sushi, great TVs for MNF and a very attentive bartender for a casual business dinner. easy parking and clean top to bottom

Kona G, General Manager at Kona Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Tim, thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit. I'm glad you enjoyed the overall experience and I hope to see you again on another visit soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

It's a must if your in the area. The Pot Stickers are a must appetizer. The shrimp Panini was the best I have ever had. Service was superb. I recommend this place to everyone. The Japanese beer was also excellent. 5 star all the way

Kona G, General Manager at Kona Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Andrew, thank you for your kind words. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed not only our awesome food, but the top notch service as well.
I hope to meet you on your next visit to the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We've been to Kona many times. Last time 3 of the 4 of us got the Sea Bass, which got raves from all. Seasoned and cooked perfectly and served with a delicious ratatouille- a real treat. I get the Sushi Sampler: 3 pieces Sushi, a maki, and generous salad (ask them to substitute the Asian salad) is plenty, and at $12.50 a real deal. The Poke is really good, too. Service was very friendly and attentive.

Kona G, General Manager at Kona Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Sharon, thank you for your kind words regarding your visit. I'm happy to hear that you all enjoyed our amazing Sea Bass and were that you were treated to great service as well.
I appreciate your business and I hope to meet you in the restaurant soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The server brought out the wrong sushi roll when he arrived with our food, but proceeded to bring us something else to compensate on him. Everything was delicious! Come for the specials, too!

Kona G, General Manager at Kona Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

K, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. I apologize for the wrong sushi being delivered to your table but it sounds like we were able to meet your satisfaction.
I appreciate your business and patience and hope to see you in the restaurant again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Seated at 5:45 PM in accordance with reservations made at the last minute on a Friday night. Very attentive Server. Drinks and appetizer (Gouda Dip) were served promptly. Kudo's on the dip with pretzel bread, helpful hint-don't order too large a meal if you have this dip - it's very filling! Less impressed with the taste and presentation of the fiery shrimp roll. Was rather bland and just kind of thrown on the plate and table. To be fair, you have multiple people bringing you food and this only happened with the sushi server. Chicken and pear salad was fantastic, very tasty and HUGE. Ambiance was quiet and roomy. Would definitely go again.

Donna, Thank you for your kind words regarding your great experience at Kona Grill. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our great apps and salads. I too am a huge fan of the gouda fondue and must share it with my team when we sit down to eat during our operations meetings. The comment on the sushi was diasppointing to hear and I can assure you that I have shared your feedback with my Head Sushi Chef in an interest of avoiding any further concerns such as yours. I am very pleased to hear about the attentiveness of your server. That is so very important in a quality dining experience.
I appreciate your business and hope you will return in the near future.