All reviews golf course marriott lincolnshire outdoor pool the concierge lounge on premises room service nice weekend full service wedding parties guest rooms recommend staying here front desk staff fitness room business trip conference starbucks trail
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful show at the Lincolnshire taking in a performance of Newsies. Venue is unique with all seats within 10-12 rows of the stage. The production was wonderful. Will go see another show at the Lincolnshire in the near future.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Eric B, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Jhjani,

Wow! What wonderful "news" to receive your 5-star review of the broadway production "Newsies" here at the iconic Marriott Theatre. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future for another show and hope you'll join us here at the new Three Embers Restaurant for delicious cuisine from the wood-fired grill.

With Gratitude and Best Wishes,

Reviewed 1 January 2018

If you look at my other reviews of this place you would see I'm a fan. The whole resort has gone thru a top to bottom remodel. My main concern is the new bathrooms. I had a regular guest room on the first floor. The doorway to the bathroom itself was narrow. Maybe 24" wide if that. I'm 6'1" tall and weigh about 200 pounds. I just made it thru the doorway. Anybody bigger would have to walk in sideways. And the door to the bathroom is a sliding barn door on a track. The door has frosted white glass. The bathroom size I would say is on the small size. The shower is no better. I bumped my elbows a couple of times along the wall. The bathroom (for some reason) has motion controlled lights. The sensor shuts the lights off after 10 minutes. Well, guess where I was when the lights shut off? I was in the shower. I stuck my arm out the shower door and waved it around to trip the lights on. Nothing. So I got out of the shower and pushed the small button to turn the lights back on. I take my showers at night. I guess during the day the daylight would have come thru the white frosted glass. Now on the surface this may seem funny. But this is a safety issue. You don't expect the bathroom lights to go out while you are in the shower. Why can't you have a regular on/off switch? I'm pretty sure this will be a liability issue as time goes on and more people stay there. The ceiling light above the hotel room door is also a 10 minute motion sensor. All the other light fixtures in the room have regular on/off switches. I loved the TV. It is a big flat screen that can come out of the wall a little and tilted a little. You can access Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Pandora and more. And of course the regular cable channels. There was a strange couch in front of the window. Speaking of the window, you can't reach it because the couch is in front of it. I think two chairs would have been better. I like firm pillows. I had soft pillows. The bedside lamps are nice. There are regular wall lamps on each side and small LED reading lamps. Very nice if you are reading in bed. The heating and cooling system in the room is new. Since it was 10 degrees outside I used the heating which worked fine. Used room service which is always flawless. I think they should have a better system of picking up the food trays. "Leave it outside your room door" is not very classy. Like I wrote in my past reviews, my family has been coming here since the 1970's. They made a huge effort with the remodel. I understand they still have some finishing touches to complete. We will come back in the spring and maybe stay on the third floor which is the best location. Facing the lake. In the mean time, the bathroom lighting issue is VERY concerning. Would also like to add the people that work there are very professional and seem to enjoy their jobs. It's been like that for the decades we've been going there.

Room Tip: NEVER get a first floor room facing the main entrance. There WILL be noise issues.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank USA66
Eric B, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear USA66,

We were delighted to read your latest review. TripAdvisor members like you provide great, candid feedback that I’m sure many travelers appreciate – we do too!

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments on our recently completed, property-wide transformation. We specifically appreciate you mentioning the performance of the staff. They are all quite excited to show off the new hotel and morale is high. There are also many significant updates made that guests like you are already raving about. From the new restaurants to the new Spa and the entirely new guest rooms with fantastic new technology and comfort systems, the updates have been well-received. As you mentioned, there were a few areas where we were limited in our options. The beautiful new bathrooms with their brighter lighting and spa-like walk-in showers needed to remain the same size, but the addition of the sliding barn-style door helped give the room a more spacious feeling than it had in the past. The careful consideration given to the new bathroom finishes has elevated the experience overall, and provides us with the most elegant bathroom the space would allow. We greatly appreciated your comments on the light sensors as well. As we wrap up the final touches to the resort, feedback on the functionality of the improvements we made becomes even more important and modifications based on this feedback are already in progress. Thank you for your helpful comments.

The transparent feedback from our guests inspires our associates to reach greater and greater levels of service each day. Thank you for your loyalty – we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit in the Spring!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here one night on business. I had not stayed in awhile and noticed many great updates to the hotel. Rooms are a nice size and bed is very comfortable. I did not eat there but was able to grab a quick breakfast to go from the in house Starbucks. The concierge lounge is not yet open but reported to be coming soon.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Eric B, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Jennifer F,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience during your business stay. As you indicate, the resort has just completed a $25 million transformation with brand new full service Starbucks, two new restaurants, a new spa, all new guest rooms and event venues. We hope you'll be able to stay a little longer next time to enjoy the new amenities. Thanks so much for your business!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Second time I’ve stayed here with work, and the renovation seems to be complete.

The room was very comfortable and modern, and the new restaurant and Starbucks are both improved since last year.

The bar serves decent draft beers, at only a little bit more than UK pub prices, and the restaurant food was good.

The check-in and check-out processes were quick, and the front desk staff were always very helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Eric B, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear bkn0tt,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your 5-star review on the newly transformed, iconic Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort. As you mention, the rooms are newly remodeled, and the full service Starbucks and restaurants offer incredible service and tasty eats. It's always an honor to be of service to you. Next time we hope you'll enjoy our new spa to unwind after your business meetings.

With Best Wishes,

Reviewed 27 November 2017

WOW this hotel has hit a home run with the recent renovation! Have stayed here before and the renovation really brings the hotel up to an entirely new level. The restaurant upgrades and the new Starbucks is such an awesome convenience when attending a meeting.

I didn't get a chance to check out the new spa but several people in the meeting I attended remarked about how great it was.

The sleeping rooms are fresh, clean and modern.

The staff was attentive, courteous and efficient. I will be back!

Thanks to GM Eric and his team! Impressed!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Eric B, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear HotelGuy2000,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a 5-star review. Your feedback is so important to us and especially to our guests as they return to discover a completely transformed hotel with two new restaurants, the new spa, and all new rooms and event spaces. It was a pleasure working with your group. We look forward to providing another 5-star experience in the near future.