“Great Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 45
Description: Landlubbers who walk up the gangplank to the King's Wharf, set within the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, might easily get the impression that ships are expected to dock there soon. Boats are dry-locked on the ceiling, masts made of weather timbers flank the dining area and the walls are rigged with rough ropes. Allow yourself to discover the best steak-and-seafood on Chicago's North Shore. Our Lake County, Illinois restaurant features mouth-watering steaks, fresh fish selections, an array of chops and delectable surf and turf. Overlooking Lake Lincolnshire, this seven-level, nautically themed gem is both intimate and lively.
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Me and my family went here twice on our weekend get-a-way. Both dinners were incredible. They offer a wide range of items on their menu.

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 16 April 2015

We went to this restaurant while staying at the resort. The scallops were lukewarm at best. The waiter was a bit rude and put a damper on our dinner. He said some things that just weren't very proper and a little off color for such an expensive restaurant. The man who assisted with water and packaging up leftovers was wonderful.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 21 March 2015

I am saddened to report that on Thursday we did the dinner and play package. From the minute we walked up to the podium we were not greeted warmly. Upon being seated we waited 30 minutes to order a drink. Then dinner was a nightmare. None of the wait staff acknowledged us so we asked an asian gentleman to take our order. Food was below par
for the restaurant. We never were offered coffee or dessert. One and a half hours later
we had not finished our meal. I will not take advantage of the dinner/theater package again.
What a huge disappointment. We heard other patrons leaving the restaurant also complaining.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

The food I was served at King's Wharf was excelent, but I wasn't able to reach the main dining area of the restaurant because I use a walker and there are no facilities for handicapped patrons. There are stairways all over the restaurant, which can't be used with a walker, but no elevators or ramps. I won't try this restaurant again!

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 29 November 2014

This was our first time as a family eating out and not cooking. My mom (58) was not pleased with this idea but she eventually got with the program and was pleasantly surprised! She actually wants to go back next year for Thanksgiving dinner! This restaurant is about 20 minutes drive from Gurnee, IL (Great America location) and is located in the Marriott Hotel. The atmosphere was so warm and inviting, Christmas trees decorated beautifully, decorative wood burning fireplace in the lobby's main entrance. Just beautiful! Our table was ready (near the window with a lovely view). There were 7 food stations with something for everyone to enjoy (they even had pizza and chicken nuggets for the little picky eaters). My family raved about how delicious the turkey was (I don't eat meat but was very satisfied with all of the vegetarian options that were prepared). The desert table was decadent! Cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, pumpkin pie , banana cream pie, candies and the most delicious bread pudding you could ever imagine plus many more treats! The actual food is too much to list but trust me you will not be disappointed with this spread! They even serve Mimosa as part of the dinner package. The price was really good, $45 for adults, $20 for children over 6 years and under 6 years is free!

My only negatives: No chocolate cake (my favorite). No dogie bags!

Would I go back.......ABSOLUTELY!!!! :-)

Date of visit: November 2014