“Fisherman's Wharf”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 45
Description: Landlubbers who walk up the gangplank to the King's Wharf, set within the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, might easily get the impression that ships are expected to dock there soon. Boats are dry-locked on the ceiling, masts made of weather timbers flank the dining area and the walls are rigged with rough ropes. Allow yourself to discover the best steak-and-seafood on Chicago's North Shore. Our Lake County, Illinois restaurant features mouth-watering steaks, fresh fish selections, an array of chops and delectable surf and turf. Overlooking Lake Lincolnshire, this seven-level, nautically themed gem is both intimate and lively.
Reviewed 21 March 2015

I am saddened to report that on Thursday we did the dinner and play package. From the minute we walked up to the podium we were not greeted warmly. Upon being seated we waited 30 minutes to order a drink. Then dinner was a nightmare. None of the wait staff acknowledged us so we asked an asian gentleman to take our order. Food was below par
for the restaurant. We never were offered coffee or dessert. One and a half hours later
we had not finished our meal. I will not take advantage of the dinner/theater package again.
What a huge disappointment. We heard other patrons leaving the restaurant also complaining.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

The food I was served at King's Wharf was excelent, but I wasn't able to reach the main dining area of the restaurant because I use a walker and there are no facilities for handicapped patrons. There are stairways all over the restaurant, which can't be used with a walker, but no elevators or ramps. I won't try this restaurant again!

Reviewed 29 November 2014

This was our first time as a family eating out and not cooking. My mom (58) was not pleased with this idea but she eventually got with the program and was pleasantly surprised! She actually wants to go back next year for Thanksgiving dinner! This restaurant is about 20 minutes drive from Gurnee, IL (Great America location) and is located in the Marriott Hotel. The atmosphere was so warm and inviting, Christmas trees decorated beautifully, decorative wood burning fireplace in the lobby's main entrance. Just beautiful! Our table was ready (near the window with a lovely view). There were 7 food stations with something for everyone to enjoy (they even had pizza and chicken nuggets for the little picky eaters). My family raved about how delicious the turkey was (I don't eat meat but was very satisfied with all of the vegetarian options that were prepared). The desert table was decadent! Cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, pumpkin pie , banana cream pie, candies and the most delicious bread pudding you could ever imagine plus many more treats! The actual food is too much to list but trust me you will not be disappointed with this spread! They even serve Mimosa as part of the dinner package. The price was really good, $45 for adults, $20 for children over 6 years and under 6 years is free!

My only negatives: No chocolate cake (my favorite). No dogie bags!

Would I go back.......ABSOLUTELY!!!! :-)

1  Thank Married2uJL
Reviewed 16 November 2014

The food was good but they messed up the order and then tried to act like they were giving me a free dessert to make up for it when the dessert was part of the package that was purchased so they really gave us nothing. We bought a bottle of wine off the menu and my bill was for more than what the menu said the wine should cost. Shady dealings.

Reviewed 2 November 2014

Decided last minute to eat here after attending their theatre show and were thrilled with the experience. The excellent service started at the host and continued with Abraham our waiter (who was superb) - everyone just wanting to make sure we were satisfied. The food was outstanding: we had a rib eye steak and the stuffed chicken with some a la carte sides (we highly recommend the mashed potatoes - not your ordinary mashed potatoes). Both meals were wonderful: taste, presentation etc. They have a nice craft beer selection. I'm pretty picky about my wine choice with meals and they had a solid white that went nicely with the chicken. The dessert choices were all tempting - we opted for the cheese cake flight: 3 mini cheesecakes in varying flavors. Very good. Whether you are attending a show (before or after) or just in the area, we highly recommend King's Wharf for a very enjoyable dining experience.