“Great Food - Exceptional Service”

Eddie Merlot's Lincolnshire
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Lincolnshire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Half Day Rd.
Transit: Pace - local stops on Milwaukee Ave
Description: A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Went here for Lake County Restaurant week and the menu was fantastic. Large portions & tasted great. The regular menu, although wonderful, is pricey ($40 for steak, no sides). If you need a place to go to impress someone, though, this is IT! The servers are amazing - attentive, professional, they know how to set a table! Excellent place for buiness meetings or to impress that first date!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

When I lived in Indianapolis one of my favorite restaurants was Eddie Merlot's. The one in Lincolnshire, IL did not have the same feel that you were out at a top restaurant. The food was good, but they just did not seem as organized and professional as I recall from Indy. This was my 2nd time to this location and if you are going to spend $200 for dinner for two I think there are better options.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I would like to start off by saying that we (my wife and I) have been to this restaurant a handful of times. We have had wonderful experiences here, we have recommended this restaurant to many of our friends who have also had great experiences here.

Unfortunately, this was not one of those experiences. We do not get out very often as we have two young children and it's hard to find a sitter at a moments notice. So, we have to plan a couple weeks if not a month in advance in order to go out and have a night out alone with out the kids. Which I think makes this more disappointing for me.

It was the Sunday before Valentine's day this year (two nights ago), as we walked in I noticed that the restaurant was not as packed as it usually has been previously. It was 6:15 pm so I chalked it up to being early and that business would pick up. Anyway, we were greeted and seated promptly. Our waitress, Janaye, came over and asked for our drink order, bringing out our drinks shortly after. That is where the good service ends, unfortunately.

After waiting fifteen minutes, Janaye came back and asked if we wanted appetizers, we did, so we ordered a couple. The filet mignon pot stickers and the garlic shrimp (shrimp de jonghe), (both really good by the way). As we waited for appetizers, usually they bring out bread for the to snack on prior to the appetizers or soup or salad course....This did not happen, twenty minutes after we ordered our appetizers, we had to flag Janaye down and ask about the bread. She then brought it over. Five minutes before our appetizers came out she asked for our dinner order. It was now 6:55 pm and we ordered our meal. Both ordered filets, with a gorganzola and bacon crust. Baked potato for my wife and Eddie potato's for me. I also ordered peppercorn sauce. I was never asked how I wanted my steak cooked. I had to once again flag down our waitress and tell her how I wanted my steak cooked, which in my opinion is an essential question at a STEAK HOUSE! It doesn't end there. After about 30 minutes of no contact with Janaye, she came over to inform us our food was almost ready. the restaurant was empty and we do not have contact with our waitress for 1/2 an hour....not sure what she was doing. Anyway, at 7:40 pm our meal is brought to our table.....missing a baked potato, my crust and sauce for my steak. When I asked where the potato was, we were informed that they were out of baked potato's?!?!?!? Ok I get it, you ran out of something, you shouldn't, but it happens.....WHY WOULD YOU NOT INFORM THE CUSTOMER? Allow them to order something else prior to bringing out a random dish that nobody ordered or wanted! My steak was brought and it was VERY RARE almost blue! I ordered medium.

Anyway.....management came out apologized and took my steak off the bill, didn't apologize for the baked potato issue. He offered to by us a dessert, which we declined since it was already too late. The night was ruined......

Living in Chicago, there are plenty of really good steak houses in the area. This used to be one of them.....We will go somewhere else on our next outing.....I can see why the place was empty now.

1  Thank Jim T
Eddie M, General Manager at Eddie Merlot's Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your poor dining experience recently. I was extremely disappointed when I learned of your evening with us at Eddie Merlot’s. It is our goal to consistently provide a superior product, unsurpassed service, as well as an atmosphere of relaxed elegance. Please allow me to extend my sincere apology for the unacceptable series of events.

Feedback, both positive and negative, is the clearest way for us to determine what areas we need to improve in the operation of our business. Your feedback obviously will give me the opportunity to meet with my staff regarding the food quality and service consistency that we are expected to provide at all times.

I will contact you with the information we have on hand to discuss further. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kurt- General Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Went for a business dinner and I enjoyed my meal very much. They have an extensive menu geared on the higher end if choices. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The wine room was very cool. Pricing was higher then average but worth it.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Although this was my first trip to Eddies, my husband has been here a few times for work events and always spoke highly of it so I was looking forward to it. I was not disappointed! The service was terrific the whole night, led by our server Brian, who was very attentive and personable. Cocktails were all tasty, appetizers, including the filet mignon potstickers were so good! The four of us had, NY strip, a bone in ribeye, cedar plank salmon and sesame tuna. All were amazing! We are already planning our return!

2  Thank Stephanie C