“Very good food and atmosphere”

Eddie Merlot's Lincolnshire
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Lincolnshire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Half Day Rd.
Transit: Pace - local stops on Milwaukee Ave
Description: A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Went for a business dinner and I enjoyed my meal very much. They have an extensive menu geared on the higher end if choices. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The wine room was very cool. Pricing was higher then average but worth it.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Although this was my first trip to Eddies, my husband has been here a few times for work events and always spoke highly of it so I was looking forward to it. I was not disappointed! The service was terrific the whole night, led by our server Brian, who was very attentive and personable. Cocktails were all tasty, appetizers, including the filet mignon potstickers were so good! The four of us had, NY strip, a bone in ribeye, cedar plank salmon and sesame tuna. All were amazing! We are already planning our return!

2  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 31 January 2017

I travel a lot for work, and I make it a rule to never eat in chain restaurants. I've never been to an Eddie Merlot's, but doing so was pretty far down my list. I was parked in front of Starfish sushi, just around the corner, asking my self if I wanted yet another sushi dinner. Don't get me wrong, Starfish has great sushi and nice décor, but I'm just a bit over-sushi'd right now.

So, I look up and see Eddie's in front of me, and decide I'll call and see what sort of availability they have. No answer. Perhaps they're too busy, so I try to make an online reservation - and find I can have any time I want. I check the online menu, find some things I like, and head on in. Plenty of open tables, likely because it's a Monday evening.

I'll spare you the gory details of my over-analyzing the menu, but their beef is pricey and not grass fed (don't judge me), and I don't feel like beef anyway. (then why did I go to a steak house?) I end up ordering the pork chops (bbq sauce on the side) and the wedge salad, substituting the mashed sweet potatoes for Brussels sprouts.

A couple things to note. First, there are two pork chops on this plate, and they are not small. Most people would be happy with one of them. Also, unless your a bbq sauce addict, I do recommend getting the sauce on the side - the chops absolutely don't need it, and it's pretty sweet (not my thing). I'd also recommend getting the Brussels sprouts, too; they are excellent.

I wasn't sure which wine to get, so struck up a conversation with the manager to get his opinion. In the end, he brought me four different wines to try. Nice gesture, and one of them was perfect with the pork.

Finished every last bit of everything they brought out. Dessert? With all that pork, way too full to even contemplate it.

$70 including tip, but keep in mind my glass of wine was $20. (yeah, I chose the most expensive one :)

Hate to admit it, but I'd go back again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We had a group of 16 for an early holiday celebration in their private dinning room.

It could not have been better service, presentation, wine, flavors! Everything was excellent! They certainly made the evening special...

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Celebrated an early evening anniversary with my daughter and son-in-law. Everything was first rate. The service was slow, but I don't know if that is a normal mode. It would not have been considered a busy night because it was just before the World Series game. We did make it in time for the televised game. The appetizer, tuna wonton was a great start. We had drinks, prepared perfectly, and then Sea Bass and cedar plank salmon, all served attractively, very tasty, not overly salty, nice sized portions. The caesar salad was great, but the baked potato, which was accidentally omitted and probably microwaved was not good. Their asparagus spears and cauliflower au gratin were if anything too good. Then the complimentary dessert arrived. It was cheese cake. We were all so stuffed that we all kind of groaned and decided not to touch it. Five minutes later, it was gone. Really exceptional. I have no trouble recommending this attractive setting.