“Great neighborhood spot. ”
Review of Liberty Restaurant

Liberty Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a nice dinner at this friendly and homey restaurant. Attentive service and good food. George, the owner, really knows the art of customer service and hospitality. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Excellent food and very professional wait staff. Never had a bad experience at this restaurant - food has always been good and wait staff is always there taking care of you.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Great breakfast restaurant, excellent service. Been here many times , always the same. Relax and enjoy

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I love the atmosphere and environment (usually busy but fast) right in the downtown of Libertyville , with excellent choices for brunch like fantastic skillets and omelets, pancakes are excellent. Service is really good with the owner usually looking after that. I like the dinner options also with some Greek dishes like moussaka. Everything very nicely prepared and fresh.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday at approximately 11:15am. It was my birthday celebration and I was not interested in anything fancy...in fact, I'd rather have just stayed at home. But, the wife insisted that we go out...and gather with family members who wanted to recognize my special day.

We had a large group of twelve, but they were able to seat us in about 15 minutes. Not that I was in a hurry, but the each course of the service was very slow...usually they are not. Waited for our drinks, waited to order, waited for our meals. I'll chalk some of the wait to a lack of coordination in the kitchen when serving a larger group. Overall we probably spent an extra 30 minutes in the place...was close to an hour once we took our seats.

Everyone was satisfied with their food...so that is the key. The orders were 92% correct...only mine was incorrect...but nothing "serious".

One of my family members mentioned that is was my birthday...and they brought out a slice of cheesecake. And I was not the only one, there must have been three or four others out that day for there birthdays. Beware, they do charge you $8 for the birthday cheesecake.

I treated all in my party, and the cost/tip was about $15 each....which is probably slightly higher than average for omelettes, coffee and pancakes.

Normally this place is a solid 4-stars...but with the slow service...I knocked then down one.