“Recommended by our hotel”
Review of Firkin

Firkin
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We went on a Monday night, and the place was full. Our hotel recommended it, and it wasn't too far away, so we went. I didn't have any alcohol, but one of my friends did, and the beer seemed a bit expensive. I ordered the Chicken Teriyaki Fettuccine, because I was intrigued by the description, which included parmesan cream. It was fabulous. What a unique combination. It was $14 and well worth it. I also had a Caesar salad for $6. Okay - nothing to write home about. There seemed to be a lot of Mardi Gras decorations about.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Firkin is wonderful for the beer geek and wine lover. We always find something fabulous on tap and in the kitchen. They have a rotating seasonal menu that is fabulous and appreciated. Always crowded on weekends and lively. fun to meet new people!!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Local favorite, Good food, good service, decent prices. A little loud for me. Not a place for business meetings.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I must confess that we haven't been to Firkin in a few years. It was basically replaced by a couple of the newer restaurants in town. On a whim we decided to go last night and since it was early, we knew we would have a good chance of getting a table.

We were seated by one of the windows - which is my favorite place to sit. Out of the way of all the people at the bar, which can become 3-deep at times.

Our server Eric, was excellent. Had some old favorites like the Calamari and lentil spread. Four of us all enjoyed our meals (grilled salmon sandwich, shrimp tacos, steak and potatoes and chicken teriyaki pasta). A couple of glasses of wine and a cocktail. Total came to $118 before tip.

They changed up their menu - and I like it a lot. Beer list is so extensive that it still overwhelms me, but the staff has always been knowledgeable and can easily make suggestions based on your tastes.

I think the prices are very fair. In keeping with a north suburb.

Sorry we have not visited you in so long! We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Wow, the bar whiskey/bourbon and dinner menus sure has expanded since last review! Love it. Husband and I both had the spicey pork rice bowl and it was delicious,I would have liked a bit more spicy though. Other diners indulged in various burgers, which they stated they thoroughly enjoyed.