“Under New Management-Great Professional Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing

Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
“Under New Management-Great Professional Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I'm currently stayn@RRI located in Lansing,Il.Due2 home repairs from hell I've been here 4long period of time. I have seen lot of staff come&go.There is a new manager here that has really changed morale of staff&guest comfort. The hotel is a economic hotel,howeverG.M.Ava A. Take her responsibilities seriously,she assist her staff with cleaning&evenworkn n the. Laundry room. She addresses all issues immediately regardless of how mediocre some can be. She has made my stay here better&she is fair 2her customers.I observe how courteous staff interact with rude guests.House keepn staff will do watevr u ask them, withn reason.CC,Diane,Lance, Kathy have been good2 me&they all make sure I hav toiletries&keep room clean even when I tell them not 2clean room bcause I hav no problm wit keepn my own room clean.Bina has been great 2me as well even though there rtimes I'm frustratd bout sumthn.Mike is overnite staff that will ensure guests r safe&hapy during late hours.He put guests first as well. This place has been my home away from home&id recommend it 2any1 guest r first here,place functions well bcause of G.M. Ava A. RRI upper management made good choice regardn hiring her,it is just that simple.RRI runs well under Ms. A.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank MeMeZTE
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 14 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time tell all of our potential guest about your lodging experience at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. We value you as a cutomer and appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with the staff as all feed back from our guests are welcomed.

Please continue to keep us in mind for all of your lodging and hospitality needs.

Ava Adediwura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

Stayed in a Superior King room with my wife and dog for a few days while visiting family in the area. The housekeeping staff were friendly, the room was clean and spacious, and the rates -- a little over $60 a night including wifi, a fridge and microwave -- were great.

The location is perfect for traveling. It's right off I-80/94, and has shopping and services nearby.

Red Roofs can vary greatly in quality -- see my other review of the one in East Peoria for evidence of that. But this one worked just fine for what it was -- budget hotel that's safe and comfortable and doesn't charge extra for dogs.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable. I will be sharing your review with the staff. All of us here at the Red Roof Inn in Lansing strive to make our guest stay as enjoyable as possible.

We appreciate and look forward to your feedback as we strive to ensure quality and great service to all of our guest. Thank you again for taking time to post a review and we look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Lansing area.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Staying at this location made me re-research the meaning of hospitality. According to dictionary.com hospitality means "the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way." After reading that definition I can truly say that this Red Roof Inn 300% fits that definition.

I have stayed at this location several times prior to my current stay, starting in October 2011. I would come into town once a week every month for a doctors appointment. My first time staying their I had a real bad seizure and my nephew who travels with me went the front to inform them of what happened and we needed to extend our stay. He was so amazed with the reaction of the young lady (Bina) at the front desk because of the genuine concern and worry she showed about my well being. Anyone that can amaze my nephew that much I had to see who this young lady was, when I went in the door without her knowing who I was greeted with a warm radiant smile that brighten my day. Just that incident started my new found relationship with Red Roof Inn.

During my current stay with started back in October 2011, it has been more than a hospitable stay. Words can't explain the feelings that I have in my heart about the management and staff. The General Manager Ava has on several occasions gone beyond the call of duty on a few situations had them fixed with no questions asked. Something that I don't see many general managers in hotels do listen to the guest, normally you speak to the front desk manager never the general manager. This particular general you can see on the grounds going door to door checking on guest and rooms. I was even amazed one time when I saw her in the laundry cleaning linens. Also, if you see her you can stop her and she will listen to any complaint or concern. I truly have to take my hat off to the her!!!

Earlier this year I was told by my doctors that I had 8-10 months life expectancy with the end stages of the form of leukemia that I have. One day I so down everything looked bleak I went into the front office and Bina was there and saw something was wrong. I begin to explain to her what was going on and gave me some very encouraging words that I have been running with ever since. Also, I have to say that even the housekeepers have the spirit of the general manager. Especially Diana one morning she came to the door and I guess I wasn't looking the greatest as we were talking I mention to her that I hadn't taken my medication yet that alarmed her ever since that morning if she's working my side of the building or it run into here, she would make sure to ask me did I take medication.

So much can be said about this Red Roof Inn, I can go on and on about this location the great front desk staff Bina, Mike, Brenda, Adriana, Manny and Christina. The housekeeping staff Diana, Cecillia, Mary, and Kim. Maintenance staff Lance and Paul.

This RED ROOF INN gives a new meaning to the Word Hospitality!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingmanPHA
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am glad that you found the staff to be courteous and friendly. All of us are here to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Chicago Area

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Red Roof in Lansing IL is a great place to stay. They are very attentive to your needs and I look forward to staying there every week. I travel to Chicago weekly and they always make me feel like I'm at home.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bert L
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your lodging experience at the Red Roof Inn in Lansing Illinois. It is always an absolute pleasure to have you staying at our location and your review will be shared with staff. I am extremely delighted to know that your stay was a pleasant one and we encourage you to continue to stay at our location while traveling in the area. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other potential guest and we welcome your continued feedback at our location.

Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel in September while attending two White Sox games in Chicago. It's in a fairly good location just off the expressway and the service was good. I noticed kind of an odd smell walking to my room but I'm the type of person that I just need a place to sleep and that's it so I didn't think much of the smell which wasn't very strong in my room. I would stay here again because it is a good price for the Chicago area, I know the other two hotels in this area are much worse (Howard Johnson's and Days Inn).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof Inn. It was a great pleasure to serve you and to accomodate all of your hospitality needs. I will be sharing your review with the staff and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Ava Adediwura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
0.1 km away
7.4 km away
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
8.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing? Share your experiences!