“Very good for a quick order place at an Oasis”

Taste of the Middle East
Ranked #22 of 69 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

The service was good, food prepared fresh and fast. I tried a chicken wrap and the flavor was outstanding and the wrap warm, soft and very good.

If you want a good quality meal fast stop here!

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Photoman03

Reviewed 4 August 2016

On a road trip, we're all used to the array of chain restaurants we're faced with. Ugh. Imagine my delight when we chanced upon this genuine Middle Eastern fast food counter....quick falafel, spits of gyros, hummus, baba, loads of veggies.....even some appropriate pasties and cookies.
I was delighted by this tasty, quick and reasonably priced food, generously served.
I wish there was something like this on our nearby highways

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank bflobear11
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Located at the Lake Forest Oasis on the Illinois Tollway (Tri-State or I-294), the Taste of Middle East is certainly different from the variety of restaurants that are located in the oasis. There is plenty of common seating and there are clean restrooms. The staff was friendly and the prices were reasonable. One thing that they do offer is schawarma, which actually tasted pretty good as I tried some from my girlfriend's plate.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 29 March 2016

MIddle Eastern food at a tollway oasis?! WHAT! And it was very, very good. I was disappointed to have to stop at an oasis to eat, because normally it's nothing but bad-for-you fast food. I was delighted to find this place and my food was terrific and made to order. My son had the chicken shawarma wrap, which he loved. I had the combo platter that gave me a little of everything. They also offer fresh squeezed juice. What a wonderful surprise to find something other than greasy burgers and sugary sodas at an oasis. I'll definitely return!

Date of visit: March 2016