See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

A large group of 100+ had our reunion meal on a Saturday night. It was a buffet of steak, chicken, fish, baked potato and various salads. It was typical. Hard to accommodate that many people in a smaller area. The service people were friendly and helpful. I have been there for lunch on other occasions and that was very good.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peg H
Reviewed 4 May 2016

This is surprisingly very nice place to stay. The hosts Michelle and Glen are just amazing. They are very friendly and great people. Excellent breakfast and very well maintained rooms. Comfortable, clean and friendly!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2015

We stayed there on 11/15/15 for our anniversary, what a wonderful place.
Our hosts were very accommodating, room was clean and very Victorian, breakfast was fantastic.. We definitely would return, there is a lot to see in Kenwanee, Illinois.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2015

This was one of our most wonderful experiences in traveling. We wanted to see Bishop's Hill and thought staying in a B&B would be fun since we hadn't done it before. Michele and Glen are the hosts along with their dog Annie, a wonderful sweet dog. From the time we opened the gate and saw the lovely gardens we knew we'd made the right decision. This is an old Victorian home and they have decorated it in true Victorian style. It is gorgeous and everywhere you look there is something to look at. We took lots of pictures because I knew I'd forget half of what I'd seen. They have original stained glass windows, beautiful furniture, even a player piano. The suite we had was beautiful. All suites have king sized beds and oh my, the mattress and pillow were heavenly. The room had a decorative fireplace, a wonderful La-Z-Boy sofa, nice flat screen tv and just beautifully decorated. You then go thru a little hall where there is a small refrigerator filled with soda and bottles of water, a microwave, and a cofeemaker. Then the bathroom with an old-fashioned tub as well as a huge double shower. They have baskets of all kinds of amenities for your bathing pleasure like powders, soaps, bubbles. Loads of nice fluffy towels, a big double sink, hair dryer, even a library of good books. I felt like I had been to a spa. Then comes breakfast! Oh my!!! We started with the best coffee; then sliced fresh peaches from the farm with whipped cream; choice of juice; then two muffins that was from Michele's Grandma's recipe. They were so good. I couldn't eat the whole 2nd one and I said I thought I'd take it in the car for ager and Michele wrapped it in foil for me. Delicious! They asked how we'd like our eggs--two eggs, 3 huge pieces of bacon, sausage, grapes and spiced apple slices that were heavenly. And the nicest thing was that Glen and Michele sat with us and we had the most pleasant conversation. We asked all about this wonderful place and they shared stories. It was just delightful! Hope to go back!!!!

Room Tip: There are 4 suites. We have only used one but it was great. Sure they all are. Very quiet area too.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Our hosts could not have been more accommodating and are perfectly suited to making their guests feel at home! Our rooms were comfortable with plenty of space. Breakfast was very filling with a delicious combination of fruit, eggs, meat, sweets and tea out of china tea cups. We didn't have to eat again until dinner. Will definitely stay at Aunt Daisy's again! Thank you to Michele and Glen!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family