See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I've been to a lot of Bed and Breakfasts over the years, and this is among the best that I've been to. Amazing attention to detail here. Owners Michelle and Glen are the perfect hosts and they are very proud of this Victorian building. I had some of most restful nights in years here, and the breakfasts were absolutely delicious.

The other reviewers are absolutely on target. I don't give out "excellent" ratings very much, but this place truly deserves it.

Don't be put off by the small size (only four guest rooms) because the rooms are really nice and the small size allows Michelle and Glen to cater to anything that you need.

Private bathrooms in each room. I was in the King Suite, which had a HUGE shower and the bathroom was nearly as large as the bedroom.

I was here alone on a business trip, but this would also be perfect for a couple's getaway.

The B&B is within easy walking distance to downtown Kewanee and to the Amtrak station. Even though it's walking distance to the train, Michelle picked me up at the train and gave me a nice orientation tour of Kewanee on our way back to the B&B. You won't need a car if you're going to be downtown for the duration of your trip. I came on the train and I certainly didn't miss my car.

This is also within easy walking distance to Good's Furniture Store, which I mention because this would be the perfect place to stay while in Kewanee for a furniture shopping spree. Good's has its own B&B of sorts but this is much better. (I checked the one at Good's out, too).

There are several other places to stay in Kewanee, but they mostly appear to be of the run down motel ilk. This place is competitively priced, and the breakfasts are included, and its definitely preferable to any of the motels in the area.

Room Tip: The King Suite had a fantastic shower (big enough for two people) and a separate claw feet tub.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SailorJon11
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We have stayed at many B&B's over the years, some were good, some not so good; Aunt Daisy's goes in the excellent category! Michele and Glen are such incredible hosts; their knowledge of the history and current activities of their town is amazing. From the moment you walk through the door, you're made to feel as if this is "your" home and they have provided every creature comfort necessary. Oddly enough, the thing that made the biggest impression on us was the mini-fridge in the room stocked with bottled water and a variety of sodas. It's such a simple thing, but it's that kind of attention to your needs that makes Glen and Michele so wonderful. Their motto is, "you arrived as a guest and departed as family" and they certainly make this a reality!

Room Tip: King Suite has a GIANT tub
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Budget-Family-4
Reviewed 6 November 2010

My husband and I went to Bishop Hill and stayed at Aunt Daisy's recently. We had a wonderful time-Michelle and Greg are wonderful, caring hosts. They provided a great room for us, a tasty breakfast, and great company as well. We left with recipes and great memories. We would go back again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tutu59
Reviewed 8 May 2005

I have stayed at Aunt Daisy's on three separate occasions, and I have always been treated like family.

The rooms are comfortable and quiet, and the breakfasts are a real treat. I have kept this on my list of nearby getaways, and would recommend Glen and Michele's home to anyone passing through the Kewanee area. Actually, come to think of it, it can be a destination all by itself!

• Stayed: December 2004
3  Thank MarkIndiana
Reviewed 6 July 2003

Just when you think it can't get better Aunt Daisy's proves it can get better. Fun-relaxing-sharring stoies, history etc-planning your days activites over a wonderfull breakfast is worth every minute. Glen & Michele make you feel so welcome & so special! Their charming home is your home away from home! We were so lucky to find them!!

Dana & Norene