USD 88
USD 84
USD 70
USD 67
Cape Girardeau Hotel(Cape Girardeau)
USD 73
Econo Lodge(Carbondale)
USD 86
USD 74
Priceline
USD 75
USD 62
USD 74
Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center(Cape Girardeau)(Great Value!)
USD 85
USD 125
USD 124
USD 114
HIExpress.com
USD 119
Hampton.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I would like to make a comment on Trail of Tears Resort, first off I have been going there since December of 1988 and still continue to go to this date. The lodge is fantastic and the owners, Deb and Ron Charles are wonderful hosts. The area is beautiful, the land is surrounded by the Shawnee National Forest. They have great home cooked meals, nice private clean rooms, one is not just a guest there, you are one of the family! One can horseback ride for hours on end and take in all the sights. They have a well kept pool, mini golf for the kids and fishing right out the front door. Plus an upstairs TV room with a HUGE screen. it is THE place to go and relax the days away and there is shopping a few miles away in ANNA. As I said, I have been spending vacations there for 24 years and will continue to go........
Yours truly, Mark R
Montgomery, IL

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank MarkRugis
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Paid $80+ per night for a single cot in a room with no door, cheap linens, no hot water, conditions not just run down but in shambles, shower facilities in separate building in a campers' mud room environment. I was so offended by the facilities and cluelessness of the management and staff that I left after the first night although had to pay for the second night. My life was better off elsewhere and lose way overpaid money than be offended to return the next day.

7  Thank TimIllinois491
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This resort was $90.00/night. My biggest concern is that the accommodations for that price should be reflected in the quality. The linens and towels are Walmart brands. There is NO mattress cover, so you only have a thin sheet between you and the cheap mattresses, and anything that was deposited in that bed prior to your stay. Our room had no towels, and no one around to get us towels when asked. As I stepped out of the shower and grabbed my towel to dry, only to have a dead spider fall from it to the floor. The rooms are right off of the restaurant area, so anyone that comes to eat at the diner and chooses to stay late for visiting will disrupt your ability to go to sleep, as you hear EVERY word that is said, laughter, etc. We tried to cancel our second night there and go somewhere else, but we were informed by management that this was not possible and that we would have to return and stay. I do believe that they had planned to pay their monthly bills from our group of 15 people that were staying for 2 nights. I would NOT return to this place.

4  Thank Tootie61
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was with a group of motorcyclist that rented the entire place for Friday May 6th and Sat. May 7th, 2012. Having a restaurant and bar on site we thought it would be a great place to stay after riding the backroads of Missouri and southern Illinois.Big mistake! My dinner consisted of overcooked shrimp creole that was cold and warm beer. That wasn't the worst of it. PLEASE check out the pictures of the cabin in which I stayed. It was terrible and had NO HOT WATER. I left the following morning even though I paid for a 2 night stay. Don't waste your time and money at this DUMP

4  Thank Jack O
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I were going to stay at Trail of Tears on an impromptu weekend to the Shawnee Wine Trail. When we arrived we were shown the Dining area (which wasn't open at 6pm). We were shown the TV area (the husband was watching TV there and barely turned to wave let alone ask If we were interested in watching TV; no rooms at the lodge offer a TV). We were given our choice of room (1 had no windows and plywood walls the other had a 1ft by 3 ft window looking out to a rotted pool deck and also plywood walls). The entire lodge smelled of grease. I immediately decided that I would not stay. I do not recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple