USD 88
USD 84
USD 70
USD 67
Cape Girardeau Hotel(Cape Girardeau)
USD 73
Econo Lodge(Carbondale)
USD 92
USD 80
USD 75
USD 62
USD 74
Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center(Cape Girardeau)(Great Value!)
USD 85
USD 125
USD 124
USD 114
HIExpress.com
USD 119
Hampton.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I were going to stay at Trail of Tears on an impromptu weekend to the Shawnee Wine Trail. When we arrived we were shown the Dining area (which wasn't open at 6pm). We were shown the TV area (the husband was watching TV there and barely turned to wave let alone ask If we were interested in watching TV; no rooms at the lodge offer a TV). We were given our choice of room (1 had no windows and plywood walls the other had a 1ft by 3 ft window looking out to a rotted pool deck and also plywood walls). The entire lodge smelled of grease. I immediately decided that I would not stay. I do not recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank L W
Reviewed 3 January 2012

If you are looking for a place to get away but not far away, this is the place. I will admit that it is in the middle of what seems to be "nowhere", which ended up being perfect. My cell phone did not work, which was actually a blessing, so it makes you enjoy being in nature. Our son loved to ride the horses while my wife and I enjoyed the company of the owners. It was amazing to see that the place used to be a barn. There are pictures to prove it. They really make you feel like family especially when there family shows up. I wish we had brought our four wheelers with us to ride in the endless trails thoughout the area (next time!!). I enjoyed shooting clays, doing a little fishing in the pond as well as sitting on the new stone patio listening to the fountain and water fall. I would say if you are looking for a place to enjoy your time without being crowded by other "tourists" this is the place to go to be able to enjoy family, friends and nature. Very happy that we gave it a chance and the weather held out in December. Will be going back in July for our 20 year anniversary.
Thanks for the great experience and a new spot to relax!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Went here with friends and had a great time at this place. Nice and quiet...there was no cell reception, but it was actually greatly appreciated. It was nice just to be able to be out in the nice peaceful countryside. Was nice to socialize with friends with out interruptions. The food was great too! Debbie and Ron were wonderful hosts! There were plenty of horses to ride that all seemed very friendly... I didn't ride, but could have. The hospitality was great. The lodge was nice and open with a loft upstairs with a tv for you to watch. The rooms were basic, but sufficient and extremely clean, but other than to sleep, there was not a need for fancy rooms. It was a great relaxing stay and just what I needed this past weekend. Extremely nice and quiet too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We went to Trail of Tears for horseback riding with Joe's sister who lives nearby. She had never ridden there before, but knew where it was. The horses were all really well behaved. We rode with about 8 other people, including Ron and Debbie, who were our guides. The trails in the National Park were very beautiful, long, and wide. There were lots of trail options, and we could have stayed out there all day. It was so relaxing. We are going to recomend it to our friends!
It is quite a hidden gem.
Ron and Debbie provided great hospitality at the restaurant as well, and we relaxed there for an hour or so both before and after the ride. They are very nice people.The lodge is very rustic. Just what you'd expect in the country!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank debbiem236
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This past weekend we went to visit our daugther that attends SIU Carbondale. We stayed at Trail of Tears Lodge & Resort. We had a very good experience. If you want to get away from the every day hustle and bustle of life this is a very quiet and scenic place to visit. Ron & Deb were great hosts and we'll be staying there again. This place is an excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family