“Great Mexican food in Joliet/Plainfield area.”
Review of Red Habanero

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Habanero
Ranked #21 of 282 Restaurants in Joliet
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We love coming here. The food is great and the prices are reasonable. They opened a new location in Plainfield that we are looking forward to trying.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Had a taste for Mexican food and decided to try someplace we haven’t been to before. Chose Red Habanero based on Trip Advisor Ratings. Salsa was good, Chips were OK. Really enjoyed the Queso Fundido. Premium Margaritas were really tasty but the Sangria was below par and we wouldn’t recommend it. Fajitas were plentiful and tasty and the Steak Habanero had an after-kick that I really liked. Though we were totally stuffed, we couldn’t pass up the Banana Chimichanga for dessert, amazing!!!

They were very busy on a Saturday night, but we were not rushed and I didn’t notice anyone waiting for a table.

If you’re looking for pretty good Mexican food and Margaritas, I’d certainly give it a shot. We will most likely be back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve been here a few times for lunch with the girls, it’s always good! So I decided to bring the family here for some dinner. Their chips and salsa were very good and authentic. Our waitress was so friendly and spoke great English. We ordered a supreme chicken burrito, the tequila lime shrimp which was a healthy alternative lots of veggies! And grilled shrimp no carbs, I liked it! We tried the fish tacos which was flavorful, all dinners except for the shrimp one came with a generous portion of rice (yummy) and beans. I also tried a cucumber margarita....so different but I liked it!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I recommend the chile rellanos...omg..amazing....and the drinks are in point..so far everything i or the family have ordered have been great

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I stopped in mid-afternoon for a quick dinner during the middle of the week. It wasn't busy and we were quickly sat and greeted by our server. The chips and salsa were exceptional in flavor and in quantity. I had a chimichanga and my friend's daughter had one of the kid's meals. Both were brought out quickly and were fresh and hot. My chimichanga was done perfectly and had plenty of flavor and fillings inside. The kid's meal was just enough for my friend's daughter and she enjoyed all of her dinner. For dessert, we tried the fried ice cream and weren't disappointed. It was presented nicely and was a delicious way to finish the meal! Service was great from start to finish and she was very personable. Everything was reasonably priced and I highly recommend going there for lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Red Habanero? Share your experiences!