“Hands down best tacos in Joliet. ”
Review of The Blue Taco

The Blue Taco
Ranked #46 of 271 Restaurants in Joliet
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I love tacos and have been to many many taco places all over, that being said in my opinion The fusion tacos here are the best I've had in a very long time . I tried the traditional (steak), pork belly, and Asian (w pork belly) .

The traditional Steak-
The traditional are out of this world...well seasoned steak ...a layer of cheese melted between two blue corn tortillas. Topped w cilantro onion and cheese (lettuce and tomato are usually included, I opted out)
5 out of 5

Pork belly- Pork belly topped with crisp sauteed red cabbage and pineapple salsa...at first I was hesitant to add the pineapple salsa (I got it in the side) I tried taco with just got sauce... Super flavorful...after adding the pineapple salsa it turned into a Pork belly party in my mouth! There were so many complimentary layers of flavor it took my untrained pallets a moment to catch up.

Asain-
The Asian I chose to get w Pork belly ( chicken, tilapia or steak are also available) it's topped with Asian cabbage coleslaw
It was quite good ! There is a sweetness to this one that is tempered by the bitter crunch of the coleslaw .. The pairing of the 2 was fantastic.

All ingredients used in each taco I tried tasted fresh and flavorful.
Very relaxed casual atmosphere
Good prices
Staff was very helpful and friendly w my numerous questions.

I will definitely be back and I will be suggesting to everyone I know!

3  Thank FisherRich

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

I work across the street so I have visited this place a lot in the last year or two. I've tried just about everything on the menu. The Caribbean jerk pork taco and fajita steak sandwich are really good as well as either of the two kinds of fish tacos. I prefer the blue corn tortilla option. The salads are always fresh and flavorful. They also run regular specials and soups. If you're lucky, the corn chowder will be available.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

Eat lunch here a lot. I love the chicken Caribbean jerk, but the regular tacos are very good too. Yum!

Reviewed 29 August 2015

We had a small family gathering here. The atmosphere is very casual - order from the counter and they will bring it out to you. If you are looking for something fancy, you'll need a different place.

There is a wide variety of menu items, including many different taco and burrito dishes. They also had rice bowls. Bottom line, you can get whatever flavor you want in any of the formats.

I had the Jamaican Jerk burrito and thought it was great. Others in the group had the taco special (3 tacos, side dish, and a drink for $9). All thought the food was good and there was plenty of it.

If you do not like cilantro, be sure to ask them to leave it off - they put it on most of the dishes.

Overall it was a nice meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

All ingredients are fresh. No canned corn or fruit, everything is fresh. The menu has a lot to choose from, and what I like is that if you see something you want, it can come in the form of a taco, or a rice bowl, salad, burrito, whatever you like, as you like it. Even a quesidilla is special there. The prices are very reasonable, too.

1  Thank KathyJoliet_Il

Been to The Blue Taco? Share your experiences!