All reviewsfront porchsitting roomcookieslovely homebreakfast was delicioushistoric districttranquility roombed and breakfasther husbandboth morningsreturn visitgrand pianowent out of her waytwo night stayillinois collegegood byeevery evening
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

As a new owner I wanted to experience all types of B n B s.We had a awesome experience and our kids picked this as the favorite of the trip!!!!!I would highly recomend a few nights so you can take it all in.One night was not enough.David and Eve Baer Candlelight Inn Red Wing Minnesota

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
InnkeeperGwenn, Owner at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

It's always fun to visit with people who share our love for hospitality. You don't know how it warmed my heart when your kids gave us such a high endorsement, and it's great reliving the moment, right now! It was great fun meeting you all and learning about your plans for the Candlelight Inn. All the best to you. We hope to come visit you once things get underway.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Blessings on State B&B is a beautiful place to stay! Glen and Gwen's attention to beauty, hospitality and cuisine is one of the most finest that I have experienced. My husband and I look forward to visiting Blessings again in the near future and also to exploring the treasures of the charming town of Jacksonville.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
InnkeeperGwenn, Owner at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your terrific review. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again, soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The BnB hosts are amazing. You really do come in as guests and leave as friends, true to their motto. The accommodations are so comfortable and relaxing. My husband and I LOVE this getaway. It's quiet and beautiful. Breakfast does not disappoint. They pull out all the stops.

The weather forcast was questionable on our scheduled stay date. Gwen texted me the morning of our reservation to inform me of the forecast to make sure we were aware of conditions. What a kind sentiment.

We will stay again. You should too!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Gwenn E, Owner at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

We sure don't want our guests sliding into the ditch on their way here! We've been having icy weather and I just wanted to be sure that you'd get here safely! We're glad you stayed with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We've been to Blessings on State a couple times now and every time they are consistent with the service, the quality and the atmosphere. I love "MY" suite. When I want to go somewhere and be pampered a little (lot) I always think of Gwenn and Glenn and Valerie.

Room Tip: Tranquility Suite has a king sized bed and a slipper tub. Serenity Suite has a queen sized bed and a regular shower/tub.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
InnkeeperGwenn, Owner at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

We love to pamper our guests! I love that you think of Tranquility as "your" suite. I know you and Henry like to stay there, but... here's fair warning... there are others that also consider Tranquility to be THEIR suite! And... Vanessa and some others have their names on our Serenity on State Suite! Make your reservations early and often! LOL

Come see us again, soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I was looking for a quiet place to spend a week away from my routine and rest. I'm so glad I found Blessings on State. I felt at home right away. First night- cookies and milk before a wonderful rest in a great bed with amazing Comphy sheets. I was in the Serenity Suite and found every need anticipated; I wanted for nothing. Amenities 24-hour snacks, coffee and tea bar, bathrobes, lap desk, etc. They went the additional step of preparing a quiet place where I could write at the end of the hall. I looked forward to breakfast each morning, from French toast banana bread (amazing) to a fluffy spinach omelette. The dining room is beautiful and I delighted in the place settings Gwenn created for each breakfast. Very grateful for my time at Blessings!

Room Tip: Two suites- Serenity Suite has a small, though complete bath. People of larger frame would likely be most comfortable in Tranquility Suite.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Gwenn E, Owner at Blessings on State Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us! As we discussed, I think you'd get the prize for the most research before making your decision, but you came a long distance just to stay in our new-to-you Bed & Breakfast! You remember our amenities, the writing desk and the breakfast place settings and I remember glorious piano music coming from our baby grand. What a blessing it was to listen to my own private (much-needed) concerts. Thank you for sharing your talent. Come see us again!