“Good bagels and sandwiches, lousy service.”

Einstein Bros. Bagels
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Hinsdale
Description: Gourmet bagel café and coffeehouse serving fresh-baked bagels, fresh-cracked egg and hot & cold lunch sandwiches, small-batch artisan brew and popular specialty coffee drinks from Caribou Coffee, and more. Breakfast and lunch catering available.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Not many bagel choices in the Hinsdale area, so we end up at Einstein's. Egg and cheese bagel sandwich is good, as is the Turkey Tom. Service is HORRENDOUS! To the point where I am planning to open my own bagel deli in town. Employees seem to change on a weekly basis. I have seen employees get mad and throw bags of bagels at the walls, or cuss at each other. Weekends are brutally long if you are in a hurry. And, don't ever call me "Hon" or "Sweetie" when I am at the register! Get a better system on the line so you can fill orders quicker.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

love the bagels! Just wish the pumpkin was available all fall. They use to give freezer bags but don't anymore.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

This is an update to my previous review after the Hinsdale store did not accept a valid $2 off coupon before the expiration date. I received a call from Einstein Bros Bagel Corporate office today acknowledging the miscommunication & apologizing for the error. They informed me of some management changes to correct the situation & will be sending me a gift coupon for my inconvenience. That was nice & I plan to return to the store to continue doing business with them.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I went to the Einstein Bros Store in Hinsdale, IL on 8/15/16, to purchase a couple of poppy seed bagels using the $2 off coupon that I printed online. But the cashier said that the coupon was not good. I told her that the coupon clearly stated "Offer Only Valid 8/15/16," but she insisted that it wasn't valid. So I left & purchased the bagels at the Starbucks Store across the street. Afterwards, I contacted the Einstein Bagels Corporate Office in Lakewood, Colorado to report this incident. At first, the agent said that the coupon was not valid with other offers. I told her that there was no other offer. She said she would contact the area district manager to investigate.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I went to this Einstein Bros Store on 8/15/16, to purchase a couple of poppy seed bagels using the $2 off coupon that I printed online. But the cashier said that the coupon was no good. I told her that the coupon clearly states "Offer Only Valid 8/15/16," but she insisted that it wasn't valid. So I left & purchased the bagels at the Starbucks Store across the street. I brought this matter to the attention of Einstein Bagels Corporate Office in Lakewood, Colorado. At first, the agent said that the coupon was not valid with other promotional offers. I told her that there were no other promotional offers. She said that the office will bring this matter to the attention of the area's district manager.