All reviews super target shuttle service panda express front desk free breakfast cinnamon rolls oak park pancake machine the breakfast area next morning convenient location couple of nights hotel is located active train tracks the hotel is clean great place to stay blue line
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I spend a couple of nights there, and liked the place. Very well equipped, clean and comfortable stands at Hillside, Chicago. Personnel friendly and helpful, always with a smile. Coffee available round the clock as well as mini gym and swimming pool. Overall, a nice experience, would visit it again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Overall our stay was somewhat ok,
The hotel location was not near the airport as was advertised but near some big stores and some good restaurants.
Then the rooms conditions was much below expectations, the AC unit was not working, and the safe functioning properly, therefore ,we had to move to a different room!
Hotel bus shuttle is very useful.
And the staff were very helpful and very professional,

Room Tip: chose the parking side if you don't want traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Hello Faisal A,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear about your satisfactory stay at the hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our excellent staff and good location. We are always very happy when a guests' provides feedback about the wonderful service they have received. As soon as I received your comments, I immediately forwarded them to the management and ownership of the hotel. They will ensure that the staff knows what a great job they have done and also ensure they are recognized for their efforts.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that our rooms fell below your expectations. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps to continue to improve their services.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 June 2017

First, the airport shuttle was 30 minutes late and passed by even when flagged down. Then our reserved two-queen room was changed to a king room for 3 adults. They said they would send a rollaway bed. After waiting two hours and making two phone calls and one visit to the front desk, we were told there were no more rollaways available. So we made up the crummy sofa bed. The king bed sagged in the middle. In the morning the bathroom floor got soaked because the shower curtain was too short. The shower head kept sliding down the pole and would not stay in place as each person showered. The towels had a strong odor of smoke. Other than that, we had a large room with comfortable furniture. When we went to breakfast at 8:30am, they had run out of the cinnamon rolls we were looking forward to. The hard boiled egg I got was inedible. (How do you ruin a hard boiled egg?) We were able to print our boarding passes on the computer in the lobby area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel806028
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Hello 4 Joyful Travel,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the room allocation, the breakfast and the level of service you received. I am sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Stayed two nights on business mid May. Reception was friendly and the manager introduced herself to our party of 3 checking in. We got a great suggestion for a local steak restaurant from them as well. The onsite breakfast was convenient as was the coffee and tea that was available day and night.
The hotel was located amongst big box stores and restaurants and right by the main road so easy access. My room faced Mannheim and this side of the hotel gets a lot of traffic noise. I was only in the room to sleep so it didn't disturb me but I don' think you'd be able to enjoy a lie in! My colleagues who had rooms facing the parking lot had no noise issue -- except for a train one time (the tracks are right there by parking).
A good place to stay on business and if you need to be in the area. Only difficulty was the wifi. Not easy to get on via my laptop - my iPhone was fine but wasted time trying to connect and gave up.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road will get a lot of traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Great Customer Service & Satisfaction from Mrs. Q will stay again. Enjoyed the pool & hot tub also good breakfast. Nice clean room comfortable beds, all the staff was very friendly.
Close to expressway restaurants nearby walking distance.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo