All reviews super target shuttle service panda express front desk free breakfast cinnamon rolls oak park pancake machine the breakfast area next morning convenient location couple of nights hotel is located active train tracks the hotel is clean great place to stay blue line
Reviewed 4 June 2017

First, the airport shuttle was 30 minutes late and passed by even when flagged down. Then our reserved two-queen room was changed to a king room for 3 adults. They said they would send a rollaway bed. After waiting two hours and making two phone calls and one visit to the front desk, we were told there were no more rollaways available. So we made up the crummy sofa bed. The king bed sagged in the middle. In the morning the bathroom floor got soaked because the shower curtain was too short. The shower head kept sliding down the pole and would not stay in place as each person showered. The towels had a strong odor of smoke. Other than that, we had a large room with comfortable furniture. When we went to breakfast at 8:30am, they had run out of the cinnamon rolls we were looking forward to. The hard boiled egg I got was inedible. (How do you ruin a hard boiled egg?) We were able to print our boarding passes on the computer in the lobby area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel806028
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Hello 4 Joyful Travel,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the room allocation, the breakfast and the level of service you received. I am sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Stayed two nights on business mid May. Reception was friendly and the manager introduced herself to our party of 3 checking in. We got a great suggestion for a local steak restaurant from them as well. The onsite breakfast was convenient as was the coffee and tea that was available day and night.
The hotel was located amongst big box stores and restaurants and right by the main road so easy access. My room faced Mannheim and this side of the hotel gets a lot of traffic noise. I was only in the room to sleep so it didn't disturb me but I don' think you'd be able to enjoy a lie in! My colleagues who had rooms facing the parking lot had no noise issue -- except for a train one time (the tracks are right there by parking).
A good place to stay on business and if you need to be in the area. Only difficulty was the wifi. Not easy to get on via my laptop - my iPhone was fine but wasted time trying to connect and gave up.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road will get a lot of traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Great Customer Service & Satisfaction from Mrs. Q will stay again. Enjoyed the pool & hot tub also good breakfast. Nice clean room comfortable beds, all the staff was very friendly.
Close to expressway restaurants nearby walking distance.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Vincent M
Reviewed 23 May 2017

very nice place to visit will definitely return back , met a young lady that goes by the name of Ms Q that works the front desk/ we arrived much earlier than expected and when I called ahead to let the hotel know we was checking in much earlier Ms. Q send us a shuttle and had our room was ready to go, her smile is so welcoming and the fact she knew my last name before I even said anything made me feel like i was at home, she checked on my family through out our stay and her customer service made a big difference when everything else was not ok.. Thanks again Ms. Q

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I HOPE THEY RECOLONIZE AND APPRECIATES YOUR SERVICES AT THAT HOTEL AS MUCH AS WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Called and made a reservation this morning. When I arrived to check inn I had to wait 20 minutes while no one helped me, manager even came out front and answered phone and made reservation for someone else. When I was finally helped I was told they were sold out and no reservation made

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank Robert L
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Robert L,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West. It is regrettable to read your inconvenience surrounding your reservation. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Grace P.