Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed 23 June 2015

My wife booked a room with two queen beds for a two night stay through HIE's website.The location was further from downtown than we wanted but we chose this since parking was free and it was located off I-290. The hotel's website said there is shuttle service to O'Hare and also to the blue line of the "L" into Chicago. We did not use the shuttle.

Check-in took longer than usual because the hotel was full the night before. This was not a big issue but we were told that instead of a room with two queen beds we were put in a mini suite with a king bed and a hide-a-bed. The front desk person said when my wife made the reservation on the website we agreed to whatever room was available. The road warriors may be aware of this but my wife wasn't. The hotel was full so she could not put us in another room. The mini suite wasn't bad but the the mattress in the hide-a-bed was thin and uncomfortable for my daughter to sleep on.

The selection for breakfast was good, the staff was busy restocking the counters both days we were there. The breakfast area was partitioned off from the main lobby which is my preference. The hot tub has a layer of foam the first day we arrived but was clean the next morning. The exercise area and pool is small. Wi-fi download 10 Mbps, upload 1.5 Mbps and was stable for me to login to my office.

Getting on I-290 was easy on the weekend but took longer during the weekdays. I gave this review a three star because of the hide-a-bed and hot tub issue. There is a Target, restaurants and a Skeecher's shoe outlet within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
HIChicagoWest, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am so sorry that the sofa bed wasn't what you expected to be. We are making changes, so that any one else staying with us has a greater experience. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what needs improvement. We will continue to make the changes necessary, so that we meet our guest's expectations. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Remember that stacys resturant is closed on sunday. do not go to tgif fridays in lombard ill worst place ever. shuttle was late . room was small. great breakfast! listen close front desk hard to understand

Room Tip: chose a room on west side near parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for your feed back. I am sorry that our shuttle was late picking you up. I don't know how we failed to be there on time but rest assured, we will be more careful reserving the shuttle, so that what happened to you, will not happen to anyone else. We are also going to become more knowledgeable as to where we recommend our guests for a good meal. We hope to see you again soon? Thank you and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

We stayed at this hotel because it seemed like all of Chicago was booked for the night we were visiting. The hotel was in very good condition, very clean and furnishings were up to date. The staff was very helpful, especially since we needed the shuttle service a lot. So, the drawback of this hotel is that it's not really that close to O'Hare (about 15 minutes) and it's also a bit away from the blue line station. They use the Forest Park station, not the O'Hare station, which made our trip into downtown a little longer than expected. However, the staff makes up for it by being very accommodating with shuttle rides. The shuttle was always where they said it would be when they said it would be there. There are restaurants and shops in walking distance, so that's a plus. I would definitely recommend this hotel if your destination is in the area, but if your destination is Chicago, there are better choices in the O'Hare area.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for giving us a chance by staying at our hotel. I am glad that our team was able to make your stay memorable. Making our guests feel welcomed and enjoy their stay, is our number one goal. We hope you visit us again some day? Again, thank you for feed back and we wish you and your family, a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 2 June 2015

OMG! this has to be one of the nasty's Holiday Inn Express that I have ever been to. Hair in the bathtub, hair in bed sheets, stains on the furniture. And the suites only have 1 Television! Breakfast was horrible, and no evening Manager Reception! Will not stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank nitah1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear nitah1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our top priority to provide a great and satisfying stay for our valued guests. It is regrettable that some of our amenities fell below your standards. I would love to regain your faith in our hotel and and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 May 2015

I do not usually stay at Holiday Inn's but all the other hotels were too expensive. It's a good price for the area. The check-in was chaotic because there was some sort of event going on. Being next to a major road way, it's a little noisy but it's barely noticeable if you keep the air/heat on. The curtains were dirty and the bedding average. Overall it was clean. The breakfast was edible, which is impressive, normally free breakfast is terrible. Kudos on the decent breakfast! I also like that it is a part of a shopping center! That's helpful when you need to run out for some items or a bite to eat.

Room Tip: Do not get an even numbered room, that is the side facing the major roadway.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
HIChicagoWest, Guest Service Agent at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2015

We are glad we've exceeded what you expected from our hotel. Thank you for your feed back and for letting us know on what areas to improve with. We hope this is not the only time we get the pleasure to have you in our hotel?

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
1.1 km away
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
3.0 km away
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
7.0 km away
The Carleton of Oak Park
1.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
5.6 km away
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
9.9 km away
Best Western Plus Chicagoland - Countryside

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West? Share your experiences!