“Decadent, Wonderful”

Add it.
Sweet Pea's Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Highwood
Reviewed 21 April 2016

This ice cream is wonderful and there are so many unique flavors--even for non-fat lovers, the selection is unusual and tasty.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

Eclectic little joint serves amazing flavors! We love the ice cream here and it's our location for sweet cream in summer or winter!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

My wife and I will often indulge ourselves with ice cream at Sweet Pea's. They have a unique range of flavors to please our palates. I particularly enjoy their candy barb flavors like Almond Joy. The owner/proprietor is friendly, always ready with a quip. Old TV shows play on a small old school TV set perched at the ceiling in a corner. There is limited seating in hard wooden booths, good for a crowd of six at each, plus outside tables when the weather accommodates. The scoop sizes are 6 oz., healthy for a cone or cup. With tax, two single servings cost about $8. For that amount, I could buy a couple of pints of Ben and Jerry's at the nearby Target.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

Can't believe anyone would taste anything coming from this place. I have never seen such a filthy establishment. I don't think it has been cleaned in months. Surprised the health department hasn't shut it down.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I have never seen so many delicious-sounding flavors one after another. As I stood in line in front of the glass case that held the ice-cream bins, I read the descriptions and moaned. I finally settled on a scoop of Zoreos--Zanzibar chocolate with pieces of you-know-what--and a scoop of peppermint, with pieces of candy. The owner, Sandy, asked if I wanted "half scoops." Are you kidding?! No way!

Thank goodness I live a thousand miles away from this place. Otherwise I'd be there every night.

1  Thank laurie r