“Fixed price fare for Restaurant Week”

Beelow's NorthShore
Reserve with OpenTable
Beelow's NorthShore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 113 Restaurants in Highland Park
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Description: Beelow's Steakhouse is proud to feature locally raised cuts of beef and pork from brother Duane's prized stock, along with slow-roasted prime rib, absolutely fresh seafood and locally sourced produce.
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We made a reservation for dinner for two. At $35 a head, we got appetizer, salad, main course and desert. Shrimp and calamari were the two starters, mixed green salads, tenderloin and prime rib the mains, and two key lime pie slices to close. We also got two sides: peapods and peppers as a veggie and a potato (garlic mashed and sweet potato fries). Much of the food was overly salted; we must have gone through a dozen refills of water. The salad dressing was put on with a shovel. The main courses were large and tasty, and the key lime pie tasted fresh, although the whipped topping was bland. Service was very good, and we got plenty of attention. Even though we knew going in what we'd pay, the final bill with tip was a shock, very high for our typical outing. Nonetheless, we ate our fill of some pretty tasty food for less than ordering off the menu.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

My wife and I have been to the Beelow's in Lake Zurich many times and always enjoyed it. So we thought lets try the newer location that is even closer to our home. The food did not disappoint. Started with the grilled calamari and it was excellent. Followed by two entree's, one of the extra thick 24 ounce prime rib and one of the scallop special topped with crab meat, asparagus and holandaise sauce. Prime rib was tasty , cooked perfectly at medium and plentiful. The scallops were thoroughly enjoyed by my wife. Sever was very attentive and no complaints there.
I would have certainly given them a 5 star rating EXCEPT I just had the MOST EXPENSIVE Tito's Vodka on the rocks EVER. With no warning it shows up on my bill as $20.00 . Now maybe they put 2 ounces in the glass but it wasn't full and was a regular rocks glass like all the other restaurants serve drinks in. I have NEVER been to a restaurant and paid $20.00 for any regular or call brand vodka on the rocks. Not even downtown Chicago. Thank goodness I did not order a second or even a third as I sometimes do. I guess one should ask how much a cocktail is prior to requesting it.

1  Thank Ric W
Reviewed 19 May 2016

We went with family mid-week, and this place was not very busy. I have not been to their other location before, but hope they are able to make a go of it here, as this location has certainly turned over restaurants pretty regularly in the past. At any rate, there is a good amount of street parking and a lot across the street, not to mention a parking garage below the shopping complex that this is a part of. It is wheelchair-accessible, and a family friendly setting as well. It is a large restaurant, so I imagine it would get a bit loud on busier days than when we went.Staff were welcoming and were ready to give recommendations as needed. Do not worry about taking anyone who is not a big red-meat eater. Some of our group had fish dishes, and cleaned off their plates. I went with a nice ribeye, and the portions were big enough that I had nice leftovers for the following day. They have a better beer selection than you would normally see at most places, and a decent number of wines by the glass or bottle. Service was attentive, from the wait staff to the bussers.

1  Thank GlenSco19
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We were seated on time (We had reservations). Convenient parking. Good service--we were not rushed. Food was hot and prepared as we had ordered. Pleasant ambiance--noise level was not bad considering the restaurant was full.

1  Thank littleman2016
Reviewed 16 May 2016

My wife and I had a great time at Beelow's, I had the Filet Mignon and my wife the chop Beelow's salad. Both were great - but what was so nice is we arrive an hour before the movie started and we sat and dined for a lovely night out.

1  Thank Keith M