“My 'go to" breakfast place in HP”
Review of Country Kitchen

Country Kitchen
Ranked #22 of 113 Restaurants in Highland Park
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I've been meeting friends here for years during my frequent visits to my childhood hometown. This is where we meet Saturdayand/or Sunday morning. It's been so many years the owner Peter and staff recognize me. Service is great; staff attentive. Business really fell off during the financial crisis but it's back, as evidenced by the people waiting in line for my friends and me to get up and leave the table. The food is not special but it is solid and dependable. And there is a HUGE menu from which to make one's choice.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

There are a lot of choices on the menu including Jewish deli favorites. You can't go wrong with the omelets and the fresh chopped corn beef hash. The breads are good and you are well satisfied with the classic American breakfast and lunches.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

This is one of our favorite places for breakfast and lunch in Highland Park. The omlettes and salads are great. The family motto is clearly in evidence--the customer is always right!. Thanks to newly in charge Ruby, daughter of the original owner, Peter, the restaurant keeps improving. It is nice to be recognized by name when you are a regular. It is also nice to have host Carlos and our favorite waitress Cheryl to make our dining experience always great!

Reviewed 6 May 2015

We had a memorable Sunday breakfast with friends at Highland Park's Country Kitchen. We enjoyed omelettes that came to the table piping hot and at warp speed following our order. Each omelette was cooked exactly as ordered and it was "a tall order" since each guest had specific ingredient and cooking requests. We also appreciated the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers that were served with our selections. Note the omelettes are huge. Folks with small appetites might consider sharing.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I was there for lunch today and tried something new on the menu- spicy tuna melt!!!!!!
Its not in the menu but i changed the regular tuna melt with the spicy tuna.And added some tomatoes on it.It was exceptional meal.I have never had something so delicious.You should try it too.
Would like to add as a suggestion the multigrain pancakes that i usually order with peanut butter chip and bananas inside