1,235 results
All reviews sea grill ocean villa sand bar thai restaurant fish infinity pool special thanks dive centre male airport resident manager baa atoll marine life personal butler sea plane sea turtles the general manager other resorts
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly and a lot of smiles. This is Dusit Thani Maldives. We always enjoy to spend our time in this beautiful resort , no matter how many times we have been there.
The staffs made you very happy you felt like they are your family.
Service and food are fantastic.
Under the new GM leadership, things are even more better than before.
Thank you Dusit Thani Maldives, we will see you soon.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
DusitThaniMaldives, General Manager at Dusit Thani Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear Tony268268,

It is always our pleasure to welcome back returning guests, especially both of you who have been back too many times to count. You have grown with us through the years and we appreciate your continued trust in our resort and our team. We welcome you as part of our Dusit family and look forward to see you again soon. Wishing you Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Hi Dusit Thani-
Hi Maldives~

We are the korean honeymooner who are staying in December, 2017.
For our 5 nights, until now everything is perfect and enjoyable.
From first day, it was fantastic.
when we arrived at this resort, all staffs including general manager welcomed us which made us pleaseant and cheer up since we were quite tired because of long hour trip.
After that we were desginated to stay in ocean villa, as soon as we came in the room we were very surpirsed. On top of beautiful scenery from ocean, even small amenities were perfect.
Our butler was Jiwon (Korean) and she explained room and the things which we might be curious in very gentle ways. Esepcially, due to her nationality, we can communicate in easy way.
Also, we could get proper medical help in doctors building when we got scars from our careless actions.
We were very delighted to see turtle from turtle trips and all employees were so nice.
When it comes to restaurants, all places are decents but for the best, We highly recommend to go Benjarong(Thai restaurant). It has professional Thai chef and all foods from there are really authentic thai foods, so probably better than actual Thai lands. Actually my wife saids foods are better than local Thai lands.
Lastly, as general manager’s saying “our aim of the resort is to make all guest happy”, we think that all ppl who come here can experience amazing and memorable moments.
We really want to recommend this hotel to korans who are considering to pick a resort in maldives.

Thank you for all members in Dusit Thani.
We really appreciate it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
DusitThaniMaldives, General Manager at Dusit Thani Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear Suwoong Y,

Thank you for sharing your review and taking the time to describe your great honeymoon trip with us. It brings such inspiration to the team, knowing that we have given you a memorable experience and delivered beyond your expectation.

We are delighted to read about your amazing experiences throughout your stay, starting from your arrival and island welcome, luxurious ocean villa, and delectable culinary creations. Your compliments have been shared with our team especially Jiweon and Benjarong team, who are recognized by name. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your Dusit Thani experience.

We appreciate your exceptional recommendation. We hope to have you back in the near future and take part in more of your life's celebrations and milestones. Please know our sparkling little dot in the middle of the Indian Ocean will just be here waiting for your return…

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Great location! Just 30-35mins from Male airport to Dusit by seaplane. The staff are very friendly and ready to help you in anything. The view is brilliant that you can feel the best relaxing! The lunch and dinner at Seagrill are very good taste. Breakfast and dinner at the market are very good also. You can enjoy with Thai food at Benjarong that taste like as original. House reef is good so you can snorkeling around the island. Suite for honeymoon couples and fit for taking a rest here! It’s worth for spending money and time for relaxing!!!!! I’ll be back for sure

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
DusitThaniMaldives, General Manager at Dusit Thani Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Sawasdee krub 263kritb!

Thank you for sharing your exceptional review here on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled to read that you have had a fantastic stay with us. The picturesque views and sound of the waves do create an ideal setting for relaxation. This tranquil ambience coupled with gastronomic delights make for the ultimate vacation.

Whenever you need a break from your busy schedule, please feel free to contact us. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back and we are happy to assist in planning your next Maldives getaway. Khob khun krub and we look forward to your return to our little island paradise!

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic 6 night stayed at Dusit Thani Maldives. Upon arrival we were greeted by the full management team, and our personal Butler Nizam took us directly to our villa for check in procedures.

We had chosen all inclusive package for family of 5 in a 2 bedroom beach front villa. The rooms and facilities are well maintained. The villa is spacious with outside pool, deck, lounge areas. It’s beach front so we can directly access beach and swim out for snorkeling from our villa.

We dined at various places however we love the Thai restaurant, Benjarong the most followed closely by Sea Grill Restaurant.

At Benjarong our usual waiter, James, always attentive, and gives fantastic suggestions including off the menu dishes for us to try. My special thank to the Chef& assistant Chef, whom upon seeing us so often at the restaurant took the effort to meet& greet us when they are not too busy. The food here is excellent! We are impressed!

At Sea Grill, my favourite must be the Lobster bisque! Having it with every meal! The waiter Adil is fantastic with great sense of humour! We were happy to see him every times we dined there. My small kid loves him!

We had many happy hours at both Sala Bar and Beach Bar, both offered slightly different drink menu, both are fantastic! At Sala Bar, Apu the bartender actually helped me created a special drink based on the ingredients that I like!

“Back of house tour” was excellent, we were taken to the inner workings of the island looking at electric generators, water reversed osmosis plant, laundry, staff quarters, water bottling process and recycling process, hydophonic garden and the Dusit philosophy of environmental protection was impressive.

We liked the bicycles that were provided for guests to move around island with ease. They provided small bicycle for the small kid too!

Dive Centre was good they were in charge of snorkeling equipment loan. Staffs were friendly and knowledgeable. The equipments are of good quality and they had been well maintained.

The manager personally comes to greet us while dining, everyday, without fail. We appreciated his efforts at making guests feel special & welcome.

Now.. suggestions on what I felt was a little lacking..

1. I had settled full payment in July, after which I had received zero contact from reservation until I was worried, I sent them 3 emails which went unanswered. I had to make IDD call to Dusit reservation giving my booking number( I had made direct booking with Dusit, not via third party) and the guy told me I had no reservation with them!!!! This was less than a week before arrival... they later called and told me my reservation was under my 13 YO girl name! I felt Dusit could have done better, letting me know I am expected at the resort and assured me that they will arrange flights into the resort rather than letting fully paid customer doing all the chasing.

2. House keeping... was supposed to be twice a day..he only came twice on the first day and daily thereafter, usually late like 4-5 pm.. we usually ran low on shampoo, conditioner & body wash and at times need to call for these after housekeeping had done their round. May be the resort was full and they were unable to keep up with the demand?

3. Checking out... again the invoice was billed to my 13 YO girl, my Dusit Gold Card number was not my number. The charges didn’t take into account the 2 complimentary flights that was included in the package. They also lost the slip of $200 credit card pre authorisation and had to charge the full amount. The delay was a little unnerving as we need to catch the plane back to Male.

Overall despite a few glitches, it had been a wonderful holiday. Given a choice I would probably return.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
DusitThaniMaldives, General Manager at Dusit Thani Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Sawasdee krub thanni999!

Thank you for choosing Dusit Thani Maldives as your holiday destination! It is our goal to continuously deliver authentic, gracious Thai hospitality and create the magic of a unique experience in the Maldives, and reading your compliments is truly an inspiration to the team.

The culinary team is thrilled that you have enjoyed our varied food offerings in all our restaurants, as well as our award-winning bar team with their creative concoctions. Knowing that the team played a special role to make your experience more memorable, this means the world to us especially to our colleagues who are recognized by name. We are happy to know that you liked the back-of-house tour and have a greater understanding for the technical side of hotel operations.

We appreciate your candid review, I am glad to hear that your overall experience was positive and we are thankful that you have brought these glitches to our attention. This feedback will be used in refresher training for our staff. We highly regard our guest’s constructive comments to help us maintain the high standards that you should expect and enjoy in our resort.

It is always our pleasure to welcome back returning guests. We hope for the privilege to be at your service and welcome you back in a future visit. Please know our sparkling little dot in the middle of the Indian Ocean will just be here waiting for your return…

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We stayed 8 nights - 4 in a beach villa (417) and 4 in an ocean villa (206). We really enjoyed both accommodations and appreciated the different atmosphere and scenery that each provided. It almost felt like 2 vacations in one!

The staff here are incredible and they were as much a part of our positive experience as the beautiful island and ocean. Right from the greeting upon arrival at Male International airport, to Daharavandhoo domestic airport, boat to the island, and literally EVERYONE on the island, the staff was extremely friendly, professional and efficient. We were taken care of every step of the way, including all the way back to Male airport. Thank you so much to everyone!

Special acknowledgement to Naori (our butler), Alex, Christine and the staff at The Market (wonderful interaction with the chef, cooks and wait staff), Gerald and the staff at The Sea Grill including Chef Prakash (impressive variety of wonderful dishes, including off-the-menu requests!), the team at Benjarong, the Thai restaurant, including Nasym, Shaz, James & Yuwadee and their extremely talented kitchen, the guys in the Sala Bar, Chilli and 'Papa' for making our rooms so comfortable, and Linde for the very informative tours. I wish I could remember everyone's name...

We were also pampered by the Devarana Spa staff for a relaxing massage.

Snorkeling was great. The coral has been bleached by heat, but some nice colours are returning. The amount, variety and formations of coral was very impressive. We saw eagle rays, sting rays, hawksbill turtles, a beautiful purple blubber jellyfish (the one time I went out without my underwater camera!) as well as a wide array of fish.

This is a truly beautiful island and was a wonderful experience made that much better by the beautiful people who worked tirelessly to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you again to everyone at Dusit Thani Maldives. We miss you all as much as we miss being on your beautiful island.

Yadan & Ray

Room Tip: All villas offer wonderful views
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Corray,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. Hospitality is all about people and the greatest compliments we can receive are those that highlight the commitment of our staff to deliver the best possible service. The entire team is truly motivated by your kind words, especially to the delight of our colleagues who are recognized by name.

Indeed, I am proud to be part of our Dusit Thani Maldives family, proud of a team who is committed to provide service from the heart coupled with thoughtful courtesy and gallant sincerity. Creating memorable moments from our guests’ arrival up to their departure.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed all that Mudhdhoo Island has to offer: staying in two luxurious villa categories with each unique feature, varied culinary delights and relaxing spa treatments. As part of the Baa Atoll, the first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives, we are home to rich marine biodiversity and while there has been some bleaching all over the Maldives, we try and do our part in reef protection and many ecological activities to preserve the beauty of this unique location.

Khun Yadan and Khun Ray, you warm our hearts with your glowing compliments. It was lovely having you with us and we will eagerly await your return. From our Dusit Thani Maldives family to yours, Wishing you and your loved ones Happy Holidays!

Best wishes,