3,140 results
All reviewsjacuzzi water villaall inclusive packagesunset dolphin cruiseour honeymoonfishgames roomwest sidemini barsea planeevery meala la carte restaurantcurriesout of this worldhouse tourno shoeswindsurfing lessonwater sports
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from a wonderful 10 day holiday to Veligandu. Much has been said in other reports about this island and I can only confirm that everything is true , this was the best holiday we have ever had. We certainly didn't experience everything that the island has to offer because we chose the quiet life secluded away and enjoyment of own company in our Jacuzzi water villa. That's not to say we didn't have any visitors because every day especially early morning and evening we were visited by a variety of different wildlife swimming by in search of their daily needs, these included huge stingrays, black tip sharks parrotfish eel like creatures spotted eagle rays and a whole variety of different coloured fish. i'm sure if we had gone out snorkelling on the house reef we would've seen a lot more but we were content with what we had in front of us The food was outstanding and there was something for everyone with a variety of European and Asian dishes and the daily baked fresh bread of many different varieties was wonderful. You will probably want to try everything they have to offer but we must recommend the soups they are a great start to any meal and if you can get through the first three courses you still have the sweet counter to deal with!! Wow . All the staff were friendly and helpful and the particular we would like to thank Hisham,Rasheed, Nasyu, Hussaih and all the guys in addition to the wonderful chefs you are a credit to your profession. My wife and I both hope with health hard work and saving we can return to this beautiful island again early next year to do it all again along with even more massages in the spa. If we could offer any advice to the management team it would be,don't change a thing, thank you Veligandu

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mike H
fathuhullai, General Manager at Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear Mike H,

Thank You very much for your recent visit.

I am glad to know that the island and the service exceeded your expectations.

Reviews like yours is so fulfilling and it inspires us to continue making all guests happy.
Your review will be a great help to all the people out there who would like to come and spend their holiday with us.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back on your upcoming holidays.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2016

2016.1.2-2016.1.6の間、新婚旅行で訪れました。
モルディブはホテル選びが命と書いてあったので、色々調べましたが、オールインクルーシブであったこと、一泊6万円以下であったこと、水上コテージに泊まれるという条件に当てはまったのでこちらを選びました。
We were informed that choosing the right hotel for you will be the key to enjoying the Maldives. We looked for a resort that we could stay for under 600 USD, but which still offered an all-inclusive-package and water villas. Even with our limited budget, Veligandu provided more than we could ever ask for.

部屋
私達は島の北端に位置する水上バンガロー(142号室)に泊まりました。レストランやメインバーなどから一番離れている場所だったので、確かに不便さはありましたが、毎日島を縦断するのも悪くないなと思いました。コテージは東側だったので、何度か部屋から朝日を見ようとしましたが、結局天気のせいで1日しか見られませんでした。

We stayed in bungalow number 142, located on the north side of the island. It was located farthest away from the restaurants and the main bar, but we couldn't complain. We loved making the walk across the beautiful island every morning. When we found out that our bungalow was located on the eastern side, we thought, "yes! sunrise from our room!" but the maldives weather seems to be better during the late afternoons, and we were only able to see a good sunrise once, which I guess was good enough.

屋外にプライベートジャグジがついていました!夜は風が強く、意外と体が冷えたので、温かいジャグジにつかりながら星空を見上げて本当に癒やされました。ベッド、シャワー、アメニティなども日本の五つ星ホテル並のもので、文句なし。強いて言えば、デッキのドアの金具がギーギー言って、鍵がとても高い位置にあり152cmの私には届かなかったので少し不便でした^^;
The private Jacuzzi was definitely a treat. It helped us warm up in the evenings, which was unexpectedly cool, probably due to the strong winds. We were able to see a star filled night sky from the Jacuzzi. The only problem was the doors leading out to the Jacuzzi. The locks were so high up that a small Japanese girl like me couldn't reach it, so I had to ask my husband to open the door every time. lol.

部屋から直接海に飛び込めるような環境に憧れて水上コテージを予約しましたが、結局この時期の島の北側は波と風が荒く、部屋から海に入ることはできませんでした。部屋から海に入りたい方はぜひ西側の水上コテージを!(時期が異なると、波が強い場所も変わるようですが・・・)でもその分、プライバシーは確保されていました。
Also, if you're keen to just jump in the water, like first thing in the morning from your room, don't go for the North cottages. Maybe it was just a seasonal thing, but the waves were too rough near our cottage. On a brighter side, we enjoyed a 100% private environment where there was not a single swimmer/snorkeller in sight from our room.

スパ
カップルプランもたくさんありましたが、旦那さんが極度のくすがったがりなので、1人で受けてきましたw。コース名は、ボディとフェイシャル両方を含むHeaven on Earth。海が見えるプライベートコテージで受けられます。もうこれは本当に至福のひとときでした。担当の方のスキルも文句なしで、サービスも日本の一流スパ並(むしろそれ以上)のレベルです。滞在中もう一度だけ受けたかったのですが・・・予算的に断念しましたw
The spa was definitely the highlight of my trip. I treated myself to the Heaven on Earth plan, which really felt like heaven. The therapist was very skilled and very attentive, and the service was impeccable.

ご飯
AIP(オールインクルーシブパッケージ)であれば毎食ビュッフェが食べられます。カレー、パスタ、チャーハン、肉料理、温野菜など種類は本当に豊富です。全体的に、日本人の舌にもギリギリ合うような感じでした。タイ料理やインド料理が大好きで、普段からエスニック系のレストランばかり行っている私は飽きることありませんでしたが、ザ・ジャパニーズを好む旦那さんは、終盤は少し胃もたれしている様子でしたwまた、白米はタイ米しかないので、日本のお米命!という方にはちょっと辛いかもしれません。あと南国なのでフルーツは美味しいのかなと思ったら、驚くほど不味いものもありました。白っぽいスイカには要注意です。
The buffet, included in the AIP, was fabulous. I enjoyed every meal. The omelet served at breakfast was definitely my favorite. I kept having the entire serving, even though it was four times as big as the omelets I usually make back home. The only let down was the quality of the fruit. We were surprised that the watermelons and pineapples were of less quality than those in Japan.

エクスカージョン
Rasdhoo Island
AIPに含まれていたので、高速ボートで20分ほどで行ける、小さな漁村がある島へのtripに参加しました。ローカルの人達との交流などがあるのかなと思いましたが、モスクと学校と病院を紹介され、あとは2時間ほど、自由行動でした。自由行動と言っても、あいているのか閉まっているのかよく分からない商店街?が三通りほどあって、後は本当にただの静かな村なので、正直途中から退屈でした^^;でも島のお土産屋さんで素敵な花瓶を購入することができたので、満足でした。空港価格より5ドルほど安かったですが、もうちょっと値下げしてもらえたかな・・・^^;

The trip to the Rasdhoo Island, included in the AIP, was definitely worth the visit. However, since the island is pretty small and the shops are limited, I thought 3 hours was a bit too long. I think all the participants felt the same way, as we were all ready to go back to Veligandu, probably 30 mins before the boat came back to pick us up.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saki K
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

We travelled to Veligandu in August after our wedding. This was our second trip to the Maldives having been to a different island a few years before so we were hesitant to whether this island could top the last. It definitely did. The bar area is great for relaxing (avoiding the rain showers!) with a coffee in the day, and a cocktail in th evening. The infinity pool was never too busy. Whilst honeymooning we hired a kayak, my husband went on serval dive trips and we even took part in a crab race winning ourselves a free snorkelling trip - which was well worth going on and we would recommend to anyone.

The spa was one of the highlights of our trip, we ended up going twice! The food was different each night and there was so much selection that it was usually more a case of not being able to eat it all rather than not finding anything we liked!

We decided to go for a beach bungalow as we had experienced a water villa in the past and we could not fault our room, the view and proximity to everything.

All the staff were professional, helpful and always did a really good job. The bar staff were friendly and always provided good conversation as well as remembering our drink order each night.

The only small downside, (which wouldn't put me off returning) was the house reef as it was not as accessible as the previous island we visited or as vibrant. However, the snorkelling trip to a nearby reef (not far by boat) made up for this.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Matt_Pip_H
fathuhullai, General Manager at Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2016

Dear Matt H,

Greetings from Veligandu Island Resort & Spa

Thank You for spending your honeymoon with us.

I am so glad to know that the island and the service exceeded your expectations.

Your review will be very helpful to all the people out there who would like to spend their holiday with us.
Your review goes to show that you had an amazing time.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back on the island on your future holidays.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2016

This was a second time trip for us. We last went to this resort in 2009..
I have been to three other resorts in the Maldives and the thing is you get white sand, crystal clear sea's, great food, friendly staff pretty much wherever you go..
So you want to know what sets Veligandu out from the rest;

1. From May/June later this year it will be just for couples... thank god.. Who in their right mind would take children to this type of holiday where there is very little to do? Just my opinion but just couples will make it more intimate.
2. The staff really do care if something is not right, nothing is too much for them to put even the smallest problem right..and they do not make you feel awkward of bringing the smallest concerns to there attention.
3. The food was varied and of a very high standard...They offer a la carte options on the beach, pricy but exceptional.
4. The diving centre was extremely popular and well organised, offering great tips from simple snorkelling to tuition and trips for novice and experienced divers. Plus they have added a few other modern pieces of equipment including jet ski's and kite surfing if you need an adrenaline fix.
5. The room's are cleaned daily and re-stocked later every evening..

The only real issue that is a bit off putting is the waiting staff pounce on you the moment you finish the last forkful of food from your plate. Worse still they would clear my plate even when my partner is still eating her dinner.. It may seem minor but it is off putting and makes meal times feel rushed...

Room Tip: West side villas appear to be better sheltered from the weather Plug sockets are UK 3 pin Bring a Go Pro
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David A
fathuhullai, General Manager at Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Dear David A,

Thank You very much for your recent visit.

I am glad to know that the island and the service met your expectations.

I agree, the island will be an Only Adults Island starting 1st May 2016.
Thank You for your appreciation of all the staff on the island. Me and my team always ensure you are all well looked after.

I am sorry to hear about the restaurant service table clearance. I will certainly look into this. Your comments inspires s us to strive our best to give better service.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Go for over water jacuzzi villa! Very nice resort. The buffet has a lot of variety. Never get bored. Choose for all inclusive package and request for sunset facing villa. You will get to enjoy the beautiful sunset. You will never regret. Romantic!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aaron C

Dear Aaron C,

Thank You very much for your recent visit.

It is good to know that the island and the service exceed your expectations.
Thank You for your recommendations.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back to the island on your future holidays.

Best regards,