Artful Lodger Bed and Breakfast
USD 110*
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
USD 111*
USD 268*
USD 189*
Groupon.com
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
USD 88*
Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel(Galena)(Great Value!)
USD 110*
The Irish Cottage
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
USD 98*
BestWestern.com
L & M Motel(Savanna)(Great Value!)
USD 79*
USD 111*
USD 105*
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Good friends of ours recommended the Arftul Lodger to us and we're so glad they did! From the moment we arrived, we were graciously welcomed into Maury and Patricia's home and treated as family. They offered ideas of things to see, places to eat, and had an excellent knowledge of the surrounding area. They loaned my husband and I field glasses and recommended spots and birds to watch for which turned out to be really fun. The food was amazing, and the rooms and common areas are tastefully and beautifully decorated. We even enjoyed live music from Maury one morning at breakfast. I can't say enough good things about this place! And the best part, it is completely affordable-we paid $111 (with tax) for the whole weekend (Friday and Saturday night). Can't wait to get back there!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tfvlfunchicago
Reviewed 1 January 2008

This is a fabulous alternative to the over-priced B&Bs in Galena. The trip from Hanover to Galena is only about 25 minutes and the road is the most scenic in the entire state. If you are skiing at Chestnut, you can avoid that over-priced, run-down scene and stay at a lovely place with fabulous breakfasts. You won't need to eat again until dinner! Patricia and Maury couldn't be more accommodating hosts. I have stayed here several times while visiting family as have friends who live in Chicago. We love this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Boomerish
Reviewed 1 September 2007

I stayed at the Artful Lodger for 3 months this summer while working temporarily in the area. I did not expect to find such a pleasant location, and home to stay in. The owners of this B&B go above and beyond the standards in providing the rare combination of high quality service and a relaxing place to stay; rooms are spacious and spotless, the food is excellent. The Artful Lodger has a central location amidst several beautiful nature preserves and charismatic villages along the Mississippi River, ask the owners about nearby attractions. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank theseriousstud
Reviewed 27 December 2006

My husband and I have stayed at this b and b three times. We keep returning for the excellent breakasts and the delightful company. We truly enjoyed our experience. I was skeptical the first time when we pulled up to in the parking lot that seemed a bit junky...the rooms are simple, but you certainly get more than you pay for (we paid $60 per night). Again, good food, nice area and we find the description of the owners (in the previous posts) to be far from accurate. Give it a try.....

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank koko8
Reviewed 6 October 2005

If you decide to take a trip to Galena, but are looking for a peaceful retreat, I whole-heartedly recommend the Artful Lodger. The hosts, Maury and Patricia, were absolutely wonderful people and very accomodating to my husband and I. They have a lovely piano that they allow guests to play, and also host numerous musicians and sponsor events throughout the year. It is a very welcome and warm environment.

The best thing about the Artful Lodger was by far the food. Breakfast was a smorgasborg of gourmet foods, all homemade by the lady of the house. Hanover has a special feel to it - a tiny town you'd never think to visit unless you happened upon it by accident, but it is very convenient to Galena and the Mississippi River, Dubuque, etc. and even has a few antique shops within walking distance. The cost was reasonable as well.

I'm really bothered by the previous person's review. I find it hard to believe that our gracious hosts are the same people they refer to.

• Stayed: March 2005