All reviews gurnee mills six flags hot tub kids enjoyed the pool room was clean excellent stay wanted something staff was friendly great america amusement park would definitely stay here again indoor pool across the street breakfast area shopping and restaurants refrigerator and microwave hotel is located front desk staff
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I have been staying at this hotel a minimum of 2 nights a week since late April. It has become a bit of home away from home for me with an outstanding staff who always welcome me and do all they can to make my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
jay p, Manager at Comfort Inn Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your day to complete our online survey in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We use all feedback we receive to pinpoint anything about our operation and standards that can be improved to ensure that guests like you are treated with a perfect stay.

On behalf of our staff, I would like to thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Reading surveys like this makes us proud, as they remind us that we are delivering on our promise to provide our guests with exemplary service.

Thank you again for your time, and we very much look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I was passing through Gurnee on a Thursday night with a friend of mine in August 2017 as part of a weekend road trip. A few weeks prior to the trip, I was looking around places to stay around Waukegan/Gurnee/Kenosha that were reasonably priced but with good reviews. Unfortunately I had a hard time finding something that fit the bill... until I finally looked at hotels in Gurnee and found this gem.

Oh my gosh... what an awesome experience. My friend and I arrived pretty late at night... something like 11:00 p.m. local time. There were two guys at the front desk... one who seemed to officially be working, and another guy who must have been a supervisor or something. They were super friendly, and the check-in process was quick and easy.

When I stay at hotels, I always prefer to pay with cash even though I know that, when I make the reservation, I pretty much always have to use my credit card to book the room. No biggie, and this was no exception to that. When I called to make my reservation, I told the clerk that I was planning on paying with cash upon arrival. The clerk made a note of that. When I checked in, the front desk staff notified me right away that they had accidentally charged my card. As soon as they discovered the error, they fixed it and refunded my card - so I could pay with cash. I was so pleased that they caught the error, fixed it, explained what happened, and apologized for it. I was impressed with that.

Our room (#209) was clean and very comfortable. We both got a good night's sleep after a long drive that was frustrating and tiring. Such a relief.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent. Many hotels seem to offer the same type of breakfast food, but this Comfort Inn offered more. The sausage links and cheese omelettes were delicious, and they also had chocolate chip waffles which I don't think I had ever experienced at a hotel before. The breakfast area was rather crowded though.

This property has a pool and hot tub. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to take advantage of that.

I appreciated the fact that this hotel had a business center where I could use their high-speed Internet for a little while. (Sometimes I prefer a computer with a full monitor for checking the Internet as opposed to my smartphone, so that came in handy.)

Thank you so much to this Comfort Inn for an awesome experience. I wished I would have had more time to spend there, but I will absolutely consider staying there again if I find myself in need of another hotel room in Gurnee. I loved it!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
jay p, Manager at Comfort Inn Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our property based on your most recent stay with us. We use all feedback we receive to pinpoint any aspect of our operation and standards that can be improved to ensure that guests like you are treated with an excellent stay.

On behalf of our staff, I would like to thank you for your positive review of our operation, as well as your compliments regarding our breakfast variety. We strive to receive reviews like this, as they remind us that we are doing everything in our power to provide our guests with the best guest service we can.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again in the near-future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Mattresses are hard, & also the pull out sofa. Got no sleep. Service is fine, & the pool & jacuzzi are good, but don't expect to get much sleep here, especially if your back starts tomget sharp pains like mine with uncomfortable beds.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Comfortinn G, Front Desk Supervisor at Comfort Inn Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We always stay at this hotel every time we are in town or traveling through the area. Rooms are always very neat and clean with lots of complementary amenities. Our kids really enjoyed the pool. The best part was the wonderful breakfast which included hot waffles, muffins, Geek and Regular yogurts, fruits, eggs, cereals, juice, 24 by 7 coffee. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming! Lots of parking spaces and great location. Several fast food restaurants are just next to the hotel. Gurnee Mills shopping mall is just across the street. That was the best part that our kids enjoyed during our one week vacation stay at the hotel. Will be back again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Superb customer service. the hotel is clean rooms have lot's of space beds are comfortable with lots of pillows, bathroom was big. we were across from Gurnee Mill Mall and walking distance from places to eat. ❤

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family