“Awesome service!!”

Red Lobster
Ranked #39 of 152 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We stopped here on our way downtown and were we glad we did! Our waitress was awesome and made the experience such a joy! We had massive amounts of tasty food and the prices were very reasonable! We didn't even have to have dinner because we were so full from our lunch!!

I would recommend this Red Lobster location and will revisit in the future!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Typical chain restaurant. Comparable to all other Red Lobsters. Would recommend signing up for their website, you get a free appetizer upon sign up and a free appetizer on your birthday.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Red Lobster usually isn`t on the top of our list of places to go but we have not been disappointed until now. We arrived about 5:15 and there was already a 30 minute wait. We wrote it off to weekend traffic, put our name on the list, and went back outside with our pager. The anger started when we looked in a window and saw all sorts of empty tables while everbody was waiting in line. I decided to use the restroom which involved a walk to the back of the building and counted 13 empty tables on my way past. Our name finally came up and we were led to our table which was surrounded by many more that were unoccupied.

As for the food - not great. The shrimp scampi (a Red Lobster staple) was cooked until they turned to rubber. My girlfriends baked potatoe (a premium upgrade) was cooked until dry. I also tried the new Nashville Hot shrimp which turned out to be mostly sweet with barely any "hot". They probably should have called it shrimp covered with honey.

On a bright note, our waiter which was working his first Saturday night and dealing with chaos was very good. I wish we would have gotten his name to give him proper credit. He did recieve a good tip and our compliments for being the only good in a sea of badness. Dinner was about $75.00 for two of us and worth half of that.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I haven't eaten at a Red Lobster in many years but decided to give it a try. I enjoyed a glazed salmon dinner with broccoli and rice. It hit the spot. The rolls still taste great.
My waitress Margie, was attentive and informative.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

What an experience! We visited on a Sunday at 5pm. The waiting time given was 25 to 30 minutes, and we were seated before earlier than expected. Kevin, our waiter, did one hell of a job. Besides one little slip of a side order of shrimp that was lost in the process, the experience was excellent and I will definitely come back and to enjoy endless shrimp.

Date of visit: September 2017