“Short Staffed So Had to Wait”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #34 of 152 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We had a very average time at this Chilis location as they were very short staffed. Our meals were ok, but were wrong and had to be sent back to fix. The food was just ok, not anything to rave about. Maybe they were having a bad day due to lack of staff,, but I wish I had gone elsewhere.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Went for dinner here because you know what you're getting. Having said that, the menu suddenly seems only half the size it was before, with a lot less entree options than Iast time I went to a Chili's. Now mostly burgers and ribs, I didn't see any pasta, any pork and there were only two choices for steak. Regardless, I ordered a starter and an entree. The food arrived fairly quickly and the temperature was good. The staff were all very friendly and pleasant but there seemed to be a lot of "horsing around" in full view of the customers. I fully understand that Chili's is casual dining but that doesn't mean it's ok for the staff to act as if there are no customers in the restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We enjoyed dinner here. The food was fresh and delicious and the service was good. This Chili's is somewhat better than the average Chili's.

(Please Note: When we rate chain establishments, we rate them against the others in the same chain, rather than against those of other chains. We feel this better represents our ratings.)

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018

when I travel I usually go to a chain in order to get consistent food and predictable prep, but lately chili's has been a roll of the dice. This location was convenient but the food was definately not up to par. The Buffalo chicken salad looked different than what I have usually gotten, so much so that I asked my waiter if I had received the correct entree. The lettuce was soggy and the salad had not bene drained well before being dressed. The under seasoned chicken was done as a big slice of breaded chicken cut into strips, which meant that you had to cut the meat up before eating. The service was strange, being a single traveler entering a 1/2 empty location in prime time dining, I was surprised that I got seated next to a pretty loud party of 6. The server wasn't happy that I was not drinking, and never came by to refill my tea. Not a great experience. $32 including tip for a dinner salad entree plus cheese curds and tea. Expensive for what I got.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We decided to go to this place to celebrate our daughter's birthday. We had one of the worst server, who didn't write down our order and ended up messing up all the food we ordered. We waited a long time to get our order in and even longer for them to refill our water.
Food was barely warm and seems like been sitting out for a long time. All our food tasted as it was prepared by a novice as it tasted underprepared and lack of any taste. For example, our fajita seemed like it came out of the freezer and microwaved. Based on this experience I will not be visiting any Chili's Restaurants and of other chains related this restaurant chain.

Date of visit: November 2017