“Great atmosphere”

Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Part adventure, part restaurant and wholly entertaining. The Rainforest Cafe is an exciting thrill for all ages. Wild times await in a decorative jungle with animatronics and a menu of delicious American and tropical fare.
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Obviously came here for the atmosphere for our 3 kids. Kids meal portions are very generous. Our oldest got the grilled chicken and didn't enjoy it because it had a charred taste from grilling, she did enjoy the rice, mashed potatoes, and oranges that she also received. It seems ordering Mexican food here is the way to go. After having a less than stellar cheeseburger here on our last visit, this time I opted for the taco salad and it was delicious. My husband had the steak fajitas and we had a chicken quesadilla for an appetizer....all very good. You pay for the atmosphere, but good food and good service as well.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Wow...this restaurant is really going getting old and musty smelling!!! Because this eating establishment is an attraction for children I was concerned because of the smell; fearing an allergy attack. I spoke to the manager and she confirmed, she's noticed the smell as well. It's hard to eat your food when all you can smell is mildew. In either event, this should be reported to the health department.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This use to be my son’s favorite place to go when visiting Gurnee.
We were seated quickly tonight, and that was the best part of our meal.
The waitress took forever to greet us and bring our drinks. (We had water)
They were not very busy at the time of our visit, but the food took 45 mins to come out to our table.
We had to salads with chicken and a kids chicken nugget meal.
The chicken for everyone was cold, like just pulled from the cooler cold.
We were hungry, so we ate it, it was not up to the RFC standard we are use to.
I think we will skip this restaurant next time we’re in town, lots of other better choices.
It’s sad, we use to be huge fans of RFC.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I’m guessing they are seriously understaffed. The live fish have been sent away. It was so bad I honestly googled to see when the restaurant was closing because I assumed it must be for how little anyone seem to care about it. My taco salad was pretty good, my daughter’s kids meal was cold. Tables sat dirty for 45 minutes around us even though there couldn’t have been more than a dozen tables occupied at the off hour we went. Took a long time to get noticed, took forever to get our food. And looking at uneaten food while waiting indefinitely for yours was definitely off putting. I generally stay away from the themed over-priced restaurants with mediocre food. I can’t imagine who would eat here - certainly bargain shoppers at the Gurnee outlet mall aren’t looking to pay as much as they can for some average food. Ryan, our server, was the only bright spot.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My wife took our 7 year old son and 8 year old daughter here while I was at a business meeting. The kids enjoyed the theme but the food was mediocre, especially for the price.

Date of visit: July 2018