“Breakfast! ”

Cuisines: American
Description: cracker barrel near six flags---gurnee Illinois
Description: cracker barrel near six flags---gurnee Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast before going shopping. Our service was great. I wish I could remember the gentleman’s name but he was very polite and attentive. Kudos to you young man!! Food was delicious and hit the spot!!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We were in town from Arizona visiting family. Our group of 10 waited about 45 min to get in. App didn't allow for more than 6 so I phoned ahead only to find out CB doesn't allow reservations. Food was good, restaurant was crowded and so noisy we won't choose it for family get togethers again. Employees tried but seemed stressed. Looks like an expansion is needed and some modernization of service systems would help. The experience could be much improved.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I have been to at least 30 or 40 Cracker Barrel's over the years and I can't remember one this bad. While traveling back to Chicago we stopped here one morning and were seated . . . the Wife and I both ordered the Sausage Biscuit with one side and a bowl of grits. We also ordered one large Orange Juice. What we got was one large glass of orange pulp . . . . not exaggerating here . . . it was a glass full of pulp. No problem right - get the waitress to get us another glass. . . wrong, "I'm sorry sir but that is how all of our Orange Juice is here - Like a slushy." Then we get our biscuit sandwich which was the diameter of a 50 cent piece. I asked and got another biscuit which was slightly larger. Never got butter for the grits . . . got refills on coffee as we were leaving. . . . Waitress then proceeds to ask me "Do you normally get this because that's not much food on your plate." Never been asked and told at the same time I didn't order enough food . . . . . Not a good experience. Maybe we just hit them on a bad day? Won't stop me from continuing to eat at Cracker Barrel - just not this one.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Travel574
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I ordered the sunrise sampler. All of the meat was over cooked and hard as a rock. Kelly apologized even tho it wasn’t her fault and made sure that I left Cracker Barrel satisfied. She was a wonderful server and I would come back to see her.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 January 2018

When it comes to restaurants, Cracker Barrel is not at the top of my list for places to go and eat - not that it's bad, just that it always tends to be overcrowded, and you take a one-two hit to the wallet from the restaurant and the attached gift store.

My soon-to-be in-laws like Cracker Barrel, though, and we ended up there after a recent Blackhawks game. I wasn't particularly hungry, so I ordered a bowl of macaroni and cheese - which, I have to admit, was quite good. I do also like the biscuits they serve with the meal - paired with my order, it was just what I needed that night.

The gift shop isn't that bad, though you know it's Southern-oriented, because of the religious leanings of many of the offerings. And you know that you're going to be spending more than you anticipated, both in terms of what they offer and what you planned to walk out with. They do, however, have something for everyone, as the selection of hard-to-find sodas suggests. (I'd like to see them expand this concept for their candies - what they have is okay, but it could be a little better.)

At this time of evening, it was surprisingly quiet, and we were able to get seats and move through the gift shop easier than we normally would.

I still can't say I'd go out of my way to go to Cracker Barrel again, but this was not a bad visit at all.

Date of visit: January 2018