“Love the Beef Wellington”
Review of Stevens'

Stevens'
Reserve with OpenTable
Stevens' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: USD 10 - USD 38
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A family owned and operated steakhouse with a warm, comfortable setting close to home, Stevens aims to please. From our wide selection of finely aged steaks and chops to the freshest seafood, extensive wine and martini lists and a staff ready to serve you, Stevens is the perfect place for you to relax and enjoy. Whether you seek a quiet evening for two or a night on the town with your friends and family we will be honored and ready to accommodate your every need. We are very proud of the food and drinks we serve at Stevens but it is our staff and the amazing service they provide that sets us apart from the competition. Each and every time you walk through our doors you will be greeted and treated with the utmost respect and attention. Our regular guests can attest to the fact that we go out of our way not only to know your name but a little something about you as well. The service staff at Stevens has over 100 years of experience in the business and their knowledge and expertise shines through daily and nightly. Whenever you have the chance, come on out to Stevens and experience first hand what has been deemed the " finest restaurant in Gurnee."
Reviewed 6 September 2018

The more traveling you do, the more you get involved in hotels and restaurants and tourist attractions. As native Chicagoans, my wife and I have been pleasantly surprised to discover more and more outstanding restaurants, places we've never heard of before but became aware of because friends knew of my ties to TripAdvisor and made recommendations. Now I have a long list guaranteed to put me on a diet. But we love to compare one Italian restaurant to another, one Eggs Benedict to another, one tiramisu to another, one shrimp cocktail to another, one spaghetti and meatballs to another, one thin crust pizza to another, one Italian beef sandwich to another. Which brings us to Stevens' restaurant in Gurnee, Illinois, a classic steakhouse with a stylish white tablecloth setting. Located at 401 North Riverside Drive, at the northeast corner of US Route 21 and Washington Street in the northern suburb, it opened in 2004 and has attracted a loyal following with its finely aged steaks and chops and fresh seafood and extensive martini and wine lists. Chicago is a steakhouse town and I'm always interested to see how one steakhouse tries to get an edge over its competitors. Stevens' offers a dish I can't resist, an eight-ounce Beef Wellington in a traditional puff pastry. Yummy. We started with shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and a unique but tasty crab brie soup. For her entree, my wife chose red snapper, a delicious fish that isn't found on many menus north of Sarasota, Florida. For sides, we ordered a baked potato, wild rice, creamed spinach and green beans. For dessert, we shared Bundt cake with Bailey's sauce and ice cream, another unique but very tasty dish. Stevens' menu also included several other tempting options, including Pistachio perch, veal medallions, 12-ounce bone-in veal chop and New Zealand lamb chops. But don't pass up the Beef Wellington.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I went here to grab a bite and kill some time before I was to meet some friends at six flags.

Wow was I impressed!! This place is over the top and the service was great. I was solo but was very very happy with the personalized service that I was given.

I highly recommend the bisque soup it’s to die for :) !! I also ordered some oysters that for being inland was surprisingly good.

Even though it is located in a strip mall front, overall a very nice high end fine dining experience.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I love coming here on a Friday night! They have a bar menu and delicious cocktails. I love the Steven's sampler. You pick 3 appetizers for approximately $30.

highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you Lauri Z. We love having you on Friday nights in the Bar for Live Music, Drinks and Apps. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts of Stevens' and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stevens has delicious food, delightful drinks, beautiful ambiance, and great service!
The coconut shrimp is my favorite!

1  Thank W7885KRdeborahm

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We rely heavily on word of mouth and our online review presence so needless to say people like yourself are very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Steaks, fish, chicken picatta, wedge salads and the best crab Brie soup. It was all good. Start with the coconut shrimp. Waiter was great. Noise level was good, easy to talk.

Thank you so much webb0502 for providing us with some feedback on your recent experience at Stevens'. I will let the front and back of the house know that their efforts were appreciated. Thanks again.