“Great appetizers in the bar area!”
Review of Stevens'

Stevens'
Reserve with OpenTable
Stevens' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: USD 10 - USD 38
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family owned and operated steakhouse with a warm, comfortable setting close to home, Stevens aims to please. From our wide selection of finely aged steaks and chops to the freshest seafood, extensive wine and martini lists and a staff ready to serve you, Stevens is the perfect place for you to relax and enjoy. Whether you seek a quiet evening for two or a night on the town with your friends and family we will be honored and ready to accommodate your every need. We are very proud of the food and drinks we serve at Stevens but it is our staff and the amazing service they provide that sets us apart from the competition. Each and every time you walk through our doors you will be greeted and treated with the utmost respect and attention. Our regular guests can attest to the fact that we go out of our way not only to know your name but a little something about you as well. The service staff at Stevens has over 100 years of experience in the business and their knowledge and expertise shines through daily and nightly. Whenever you have the chance, come on out to Stevens and experience first hand what has been deemed the " finest restaurant in Gurnee."
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I love coming here on a Friday night! They have a bar menu and delicious cocktails. I love the Steven's sampler. You pick 3 appetizers for approximately $30.

highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you Lauri Z. We love having you on Friday nights in the Bar for Live Music, Drinks and Apps. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts of Stevens' and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stevens has delicious food, delightful drinks, beautiful ambiance, and great service!
The coconut shrimp is my favorite!

1  Thank W7885KRdeborahm

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We rely heavily on word of mouth and our online review presence so needless to say people like yourself are very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Steaks, fish, chicken picatta, wedge salads and the best crab Brie soup. It was all good. Start with the coconut shrimp. Waiter was great. Noise level was good, easy to talk.

Thank you so much webb0502 for providing us with some feedback on your recent experience at Stevens'. I will let the front and back of the house know that their efforts were appreciated. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

If you are looking to spend a lot of money and not eat an impressive tasting dinner then this is the place to be!!! My husband had Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes. The steak was mediocre, and the mashed potatoes tasted like the chef took a plain potato and smashed it on the plate and did not condiment it. My Beef Wellington was flavorless. The meat seemed more well done than medium, and the breading in the meat was plain and did not taste great. The sauce had a mustard color to it, but again, it was very flavorless. My baked potato had rock hard butter on top. Not impressed. If I lived in the area I would never go there again.

Thank you Amy7110 for your review. I wholeheartedly apologize that you did not enjoy your experience. I have taken note of the issues you encountered and will use it to better our product. We strive to ensure that each and every one of our guests leave our place happy but in your case we obviously failed. I do apologize but I also do thank you for providing us with some feedback. In hopes that you may help other Restaurants in the future please let the management team know while you are still dining so that they may have the opportunity to alleviate the problem before you leave the establishment. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

We chose this restaurant because my son was looking forward to a steak dinner in order to celebrate his graduation from Navy Boot Camp. Everything was going rather smoothly until our steaks were served (party of 4). They were ALL overcooked....soooo disappointing. We could have sent them back and waited, but we had already been waiting well over an hour to get to that point, so chose to simply bring it to the attention of management. We were offered credits which amounted to approx. $40. off our bill. This was okay since we did finish at least three quarters of our meal due to the fact that it was tender, even if overcooked, but the experience was a serious letdown. The table next to ours had the same problem. We were told that the normal chef was not there that night (on a very busy Friday). It simply made me feel like I picked the wrong night to dine there. After all, it's the restaurant's reputation on the line, not the backup cook.

If we visited this area again, I’m not sure we would take the chance to try it again, which is unfortunate, especially since everything else we ordered was very good. If the steaks had been cooked properly, I would have definitely, without a doubt, given Stevens 5 stars.

highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello Cricket59. Thank you for letting us know we missed the mark on your Steaks. We take such issues very seriously. I agree that you should not have been given an excuse. It is our issue not yours. You are supposed to simply enjoy your experience regardless of what is going on behind the scenes. If you do decide to give us another shot give me a call to set up a reservation and I will make sure you are well taken care of. Thanks for your time.