“Very Nice but Disappointed”
Review of Stevens'

Stevens'
Reserve with OpenTable
Stevens' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 147 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: USD 10 - USD 38
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A family owned and operated steakhouse with a warm, comfortable setting close to home, Stevens aims to please. From our wide selection of finely aged steaks and chops to the freshest seafood, extensive wine and martini lists and a staff ready to serve you, Stevens is the perfect place for you to relax and enjoy. Whether you seek a quiet evening for two or a night on the town with your friends and family we will be honored and ready to accommodate your every need. We are very proud of the food and drinks we serve at Stevens but it is our staff and the amazing service they provide that sets us apart from the competition. Each and every time you walk through our doors you will be greeted and treated with the utmost respect and attention. Our regular guests can attest to the fact that we go out of our way not only to know your name but a little something about you as well. The service staff at Stevens has over 100 years of experience in the business and their knowledge and expertise shines through daily and nightly. Whenever you have the chance, come on out to Stevens and experience first hand what has been deemed the " finest restaurant in Gurnee."
Reviewed 28 July 2018

We chose this restaurant because my son was looking forward to a steak dinner in order to celebrate his graduation from Navy Boot Camp. Everything was going rather smoothly until our steaks were served (party of 4). They were ALL overcooked....soooo disappointing. We could have sent them back and waited, but we had already been waiting well over an hour to get to that point, so chose to simply bring it to the attention of management. We were offered credits which amounted to approx. $40. off our bill. This was okay since we did finish at least three quarters of our meal due to the fact that it was tender, even if overcooked, but the experience was a serious letdown. The table next to ours had the same problem. We were told that the normal chef was not there that night (on a very busy Friday). It simply made me feel like I picked the wrong night to dine there. After all, it's the restaurant's reputation on the line, not the backup cook.

If we visited this area again, I’m not sure we would take the chance to try it again, which is unfortunate, especially since everything else we ordered was very good. If the steaks had been cooked properly, I would have definitely, without a doubt, given Stevens 5 stars.

highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello Cricket59. Thank you for letting us know we missed the mark on your Steaks. We take such issues very seriously. I agree that you should not have been given an excuse. It is our issue not yours. You are supposed to simply enjoy your experience regardless of what is going on behind the scenes. If you do decide to give us another shot give me a call to set up a reservation and I will make sure you are well taken care of. Thanks for your time.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We just came from here. The service and food was great. My wife her parents and myself all enjoyed our meals. I had a filet melon. My wife had scallops and she Loves and knows her scallops. The deserts were ALSOME to. Can't wait to go back. Check this place out.

Thank you Scott. We appreciate you celebrating with us. I will let Chef and his guys know that you enjoyed their cooking. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

As always food was excellent, bread served hot, as was my soup. We were there for lunch and had their fabulous crab brie and Stevens special salad.

Thank you Joan. We appreciate that you stopped by when you were back in the area and if you are again please do so again. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious food. I can’t emphasized enough how good their scallops are! Tasty steaks too. This has been our third time and wished we knew years ago how good their food are.

Thank you Cristina. We are glad you eventually found us and look forward to seeing more of you in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

the lunch is an especially great deal. very tasty choices at reasonable prices. try it yourself.....

Thank you for joining us for Lunch. We appreciate you.