“Great shrimp salad”
Review of Stevens'

Stevens'
Reserve with OpenTable
Stevens' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: USD 10 - USD 38
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family owned and operated steakhouse with a warm, comfortable setting close to home, Stevens aims to please. From our wide selection of finely aged steaks and chops to the freshest seafood, extensive wine and martini lists and a staff ready to serve you, Stevens is the perfect place for you to relax and enjoy. Whether you seek a quiet evening for two or a night on the town with your friends and family we will be honored and ready to accommodate your every need. We are very proud of the food and drinks we serve at Stevens but it is our staff and the amazing service they provide that sets us apart from the competition. Each and every time you walk through our doors you will be greeted and treated with the utmost respect and attention. Our regular guests can attest to the fact that we go out of our way not only to know your name but a little something about you as well. The service staff at Stevens has over 100 years of experience in the business and their knowledge and expertise shines through daily and nightly. Whenever you have the chance, come on out to Stevens and experience first hand what has been deemed the " finest restaurant in Gurnee."
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I know it is a steak house, but the shrimp salad was phenomenal! Jumbo garlic shrimp seasoned perfectly and nice firm texture atop a great mixed greens and light dressing. My son (his 12th birthday lunch) had the fillet which he enjoyed (could have had a bit more flavor for me try another cut). Creme brûlée was amazing! Perfectly prepared. Service was very good as well. My son couldn't understand why anyone would rate poorly.

highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for sharing Corinne. We appreciate that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to serve you again soon.
Brad Lehner G.M.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I came here with a friend after reviewing the menu which looked quite good. After a bit of a wait (no dedicated hostess on duty) We sat down and my friend had the pot roast, I had a custom sandwich which was the chicken bacon ranch sandwich that I switched to flat iron from chicken. It was truly amazing. A good amount of tasty , tender steak and bacon and it was only $12 and it came with one side, i had the Caesar (which was just ok, they need to update the dressing). I will probably eat here for lunch exclusively when I am in town.

Thank you Jeff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you for lunch again soon.
Brad Lehner G.M.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The servers were all very nice. I would say that service was a bit slow though. The food was average, granted I had the fish and not the steak, but nothing to really write home about. We did try the coconut shrimp which were quite good, but overall an average place for a pricey dinner.

2  Thank GoTigers25
highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you GoTigers25 for letting us know about your recent experience. I wholeheartedly apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I ensure you that your feedback will be used to better our product. thanks for giving us a try and if you're in the area stop by again and give us a mother shot. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stevens is a traditional steakhouse that offers a lot of delicious alternatives. Service is professional and what you'd expect from a Chicago restaurant. Wine and drink selections are good.

I've been there multiple times and always wonder after I visit why I don't go more often. The rest at ant selections in Gurnee are lacking so if you're looking for something beyond a chain that won't disappoint try Stevens.

highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hello Neil P,
Thanks for sharing your review. We appreciate all of your return visits and look forward to more in the future. I will let the staff know that you appreciate their effort. Thanks again Neil.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I've been going to this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed. Great prime rib (when they have it). Delicious smashed potatoes. Service is always excellent and the ambience is welcoming.

highsteakspoker, General Manager at Stevens', responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for supporting us over the years. It is always nice to hear form a loyal guest. I will let the staff know you enjoy their service and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.