2,752 results
All reviewsgelatofish tacosold quarryplay golfwater viewrented a carbeautiful propertysushiall inclusive packageall inclusive planservice chargetennis courtspool barstreet signsswimming areaexplore the islandminute drive
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We had the best time at Santa Barbarba! If you go, you have to visit Jaymy at the Splash pool bar! He makes the best Rum Punches and my boyfriend loved the blue lagoons he made. He’s the best bartender there!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your review, Audrey! While I'm not surprised that Jaymy had a huge impact on your stay, I am grateful that he went above and beyond behind the bar to make your vacation enjoyable. He is a terrific addition to our team and we love to hear stories about him every day! Thank you again for telling us about your memories and we can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Curacao has a sleeper at the south end. Most visitors do not experience a 5 star resort on the Island of Curacao. Theis hotel pays attention to detail with room comfort and fine dining.
If you are looking for a nice beach to swim, good golf and fine dining you have found your next vacation location. Rates are good in the summer and the weather perfect. Trade winds keep it cool due to the southern location.

Room Tip: Ocean front premier room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you. Thomas, for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm extremely flattered that you recognize our attention to detail with comfortable rooms and delicious food. Our secluded beach is great for all ages and families! I completely agree the weather in Curacao is perfect all year around! Sharing our slice of paradise with the rest of the world is all we want for our guests. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We booked our trip through Expedia ( beware beware beware ) .. being seasoned travellers we asked Expedia pertinent questions regarding the details of our trip.. specifically that the trip was all inclusive .. this was the only way we searched online and the Santa Barbara Resort came up as an option.. i asked the Expedia agent to confirm that it was all inclusive and she said yes ..

We checked in and noticed we didn’t receive bracelets.. I went back to the front desk and they told me that we didn’t have all inclusive privileges.. WTF ?? We had paid 200 extra per person compared to other resort packages expecting all inclusive..

It was useless to argue with the staff so I called Expedia directly .. after three hours on the phone and several (6) layers of customer refusal I was told that nothing would change ..

Most of the reviews about room cleanliness, food options, prices for food and drink (high priced for average food/drinks) ..

We tried the “beach” and for the most part it was ok ..

We had rented a car and we explored the entire island .. we found local restaurants and tried the local foods which we preferred over the high priced food at the resort .. we planned our days to be up and gone early so we found breakfasts elsewhere ..

My credit card was defrauded for 600 Euro but I was refunded after I reported the fraudulent charge ..

Many resorts are always a remake of a older chain hotel .. the Fairmont chain does this as well .. but they at least have way better standards (staff, service, linens)...

We’d give this resort a three .. it’s remote .. preferably suited to an older crowd..

There are many other resort hotels to stay at in ABC, if you’re looking for more nightlife Aruba is a better choice ..

One thing .. Curaçao has great diving .. if this is in your plans .. the SBR is quite remote so maybe look for a hotel closer to the busier part of the island ..

I could go on but a lot of the other negative reviews are spot on about the many issues at this property ..

Expedia beware .. they’re liars and thieves ....

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brad M
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Ben,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear about the experience you describe with our resort and Expedia. We are proud partners with Expedia and appreciate all that they do to show customers our listing and the unique amenities we offer. I completely understand that the miscommunication with your all-inclusive stay is frustrating. While I appreciate your concern, it is ultimately Expedia’s responsibility to provide accurate information to their customers. I can assure you that we will work with them to address this situation, but we always recommend that guests book directly with us to avoid this type of confusion. Nevertheless, I wish it would have been a smoother check-in process for you. You’re right, our resort is in a secluded location, but it makes your vacation getaway feel that much more relaxing when you're in a hidden paradise. I'm happy you rented a car to explore the island because Curacao is beautiful with so much to discover! While we aren’t perfect, the team strives to provide exceptional service and family fun for all ages. I truly believe that your experience could have been extraordinary if it had started off on the right foot. I hope you decide to return to Curacao and Santa Barbara so we can provide the vacation we aim to deliver. Again, thank you for taking time to review yours stay and all our best with your future travels.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great place for swimming with little ones the crystal clear water is protected by a barrier wharf, the sand soft and comfortable, the beach spotless and all facilities clean, food and beverages served on the beach, pool activities, great yoga and stretch classes , wonderful spa, the breakfast is a must and the dining offers some variety,. One draw back you have to leave for any serious snorkeling an hour away but traveling in rental car offered no difficulty and the opportunity to go to native eateries The hotel was well run, except on leaving the check out policies for NYers and NJ is too early and the cost for late check out is to steep especially when you consider you are paying a full day and do not arrive until close to midnight , the facility for changing although clean well maintained is a bit distant and did not have sufficent soaps and amendities considering you had to leave your room by 11 am or 12 noon and the flight is late in the evening,. The staff is kind and attentive, we were traveling as a family of 6 age ranges from 13 to 75 and all were happy with the location and found activities and food they liked. Make sure when booking you book the breakfast it is wonderful and well worth it.

Stayed: February 2018
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed our beach area. It's a great, safe swimming area for all kids and the adults are able to lounge around close by. I completely understand wanting to explore more in-depth excursions. We have snorkeling and kayaking on property, but encourage all our guests to get out and explore the rest of the island. I'm happy you were able to adventure and didn't find any difficulties along your way. I'm especially proud of my team for making you feel so welcome and being very attentive to anything you needed. Again, thank you so much for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back for another visit!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

What a wonderful discovery we made when we found the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort in Curacao!! We're swimmers and we just love the calmness of the sea. We could just stay in the water all day!! There's a lovely sandy beach, walking trails, golfing for the golfers, a couple of swimming pools, a short trip to the city, plus 3 amazing restaurants with some quite exotic meals. The landscaping of the property is well cared for and a beautiful place for an evening walk. It's so nice we'd like to keep it a secret, but I think you should know about it too.

Stayed: March 2018

First off, we are so happy you decided to share your secret with us :-) Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience at our resort! I completely understand your love with the ocean, and I couldn't agree more on how easy it is to stay in the water all day! It sounds like you enjoyed multiple things on and around our property. Most importantly, I'm happy that you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to welcome you back to Curacao soon!