1,132 results
All reviews infinity pool sunset bar es fanals cap roig tapas restaurant the cliff kids club family pool shuttle bus sushi deluxe mountain view shuttle service steep hill stunning views many levels five star hotel mobility issues
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Arrived for a 5 night stay with husband and 2 daughters aged 7 & 9 after a weeks all inclusive in C'an Picafort. We were greeted by the helpful valets on the door who have been fantastic all week as my husband cycles and they have looked after his bike, made sure he had water for his rides and at the end of the stay had our car waiting with luggage loaded. For info If you want your car stored for your stay it will cost you 15 euros per day.
We had a deluxe mountain view room which was just big enough for the 4 of us (girls on a sofa bed) - the views are stunning here and it doesn't matter at all which room sea view or mountain as you'll have views wherever you are in the hotel.
Three restaurants, we ate in all of them as had a half board package - Caproig serving modern European, Es Fanals serving contemporary tapas and the Sunset Lounge serving sushi -all excellent and service fabulous especially at Es Fanals. Sunset Lounge fabulous to watch the sunset in an evening but does get a bit busy around sunset time for obvious reasons! Lots of gluten free options in all restaurants by the way.
Yes, there were wasps and yes they were annoying especially as my youngest is very scared of them but we avoided the stress at breakfast and ate inside - I'm not sure what the reviewers who said it ruined their holiday expected the hotel to do to be honest, get a professional swatter in to kill them when they came close??! You'd get wasps in the UK at this time of year if you ate outside so I don't really understand the issue.
I also dont get the complaining about the lifts and the walking - the hotel is huge and has been built on and into a hill on many different levels, its part of the design so if you dont want to walk or take lifts its not the place for you but if you want luxury, great service, friendly staff who are polite and speak to you, stunning views, peace and tranquility and fabulous food then put up with the extra steps!
Other comments - the spa was lovely and also quiet, treatments very very expensive, kids club (2 hrs free per day) was ok - my two were happy to visit a couple of times but weren't overly bothered. Pools - adult only infinity pool was beautiful with lovely comfortable loungers but only for over 12's, the family pool was the only thing I feel disappointed about - it was far too small for the amount of families that were here and was very boisterous at times, I personally feel that over the school holiday period both pools should be used for families so they are less crowded.
We were situated close to Es Fanals and at night we could hear the music which was a bit irritating, possibly the hotel should be mindful of this.
Finally the shuttle bus service was not frequent enough and therefore we couldnt use it - during the summer months it should be available more often to guests as the walk down and back up again in the heat is awful especially with children.
On our last night we were invited to a drinks reception and the Marketing Manager asked us for feedback about our stay, which we gave.
Overall this place is amazing and we felt that nothing was too much trouble (apart fro the shuttle bus!) - Peurto Soller was a lovely place as well and we hope to return.

Room Tip: Floor 9 is the furthest away if you're not keen on walking but amazing mountain views!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
JPS M, Director General at Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear welltravellednotts,
First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel as part of your family holidays in Mallorca. We very much appreciate your full review and are more than happy to read how much you have enjoyed your experience among us exploring as well the surroundings.
We will definitely review the schedule options for the shuttle bus for next season in order to see how we can adjust this to all our guest needs as well as our Kids Club activities as we do wish our little ones to have a fantastic time as well among us.
We look forward to welcome you back in a near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

As we walked towards the hotel we asked another English family for directions to the Sunset Bar which they gave with a parting comment of " you'd better remortgage the house before you go in" and do we were expecting ridiculous prices. However, as we had only gone for cocktails to end our holiday in the port , we felt that those prices were comparable to most bars and the service was immaculate. A great place for people watching and for the stunning sunset , as you would expect. We wouldn't eat there as it was out of our price range but would return for cocktails. The two teenage girls were more than happy with their mocktails.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Headcorn33
JPS M, F&B Manager at Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Headcorn33,
Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experience at our Sunset Sushi Lounge. We are delighted to read that you were positively surprised about your visit and that your children enjoyed their drinks as well.
We will reopen our doors again next season, starting on March 12th; we would love to welcome you back.
Kind regards,
Marco Mancini
F&B Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Pros:
1.We had a lovely stay at this hotel, which is finished to a very high standard with beautiful rooms.
2. Facilities are excellent, and the views are stunning.
3. Staff are very polite, friendly and helpful.

Cons:
1. food choice for vegetarians is well below par for a leading international brand. The chefs/menu need a bit more imagination than pizza and veggie burger, particularly if the hotel would like guests to stay at the hotel for several days and eat lunch and dinner.
2. shuttle bus to the Port is not frequent enough, particularly at peak times.

Overall we had a great stay, and it really is a lovely property. The vegetarian food problem will obviously not bother you if you are not vegetarian, and the shuttle bus issue was more of an annoyance then a genuine grievance.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Kishen H,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback.
You can rest assured that we will review our vegetarian offer for our next season in order to see if we can have a bigger offer for our guests. I am happy though to read that this did not spoil your time among us and we look forward to welcome you back.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Although I'm somewhat ashamed to say that this is my first ever travel review; I felt compelled to do so following such a superb experience, having stayed here for 10 days at the end of August. Never before has a hotel been so deserved of a 5-star review.

I stayed here for ten days with my girlfriend and had booked a deluxe sea-view room (4016) which was simply incredible. Spacious and modern, it was everything we hoped it could be. Those reviewers complaining about the stairs need to have a word with themselves. The hotel is built on the top of spectacular cliffs, and if you can't get over a couple of flights of stairs for such a privileged outlook then my mind boggles. It really is no issue whatsoever. My partner and I never once felt the need to use the lifts, although of course they are there for those that do need them.

The check-in was superb and special mention to Isabella who made us feel so very welcome. We were offered cold towels and fresh orange juice upon arrival, having already been spoilt by the hotel transfer service, which I would strongly recommend to those looking for a truly no-nonsense luxury experience from the moment you arrive at the airport.

The infinity pool is fantastic and we particularly enjoyed the quieter 'tramontana' sun terrace during the day. The food at the hotel was great, although we didn't dine at the main restaurant Cap Roig.

The staff simply cannot do enough for you and every request is met with such willing and courtesy that it really is an achievement how the management have put together such a large team of staff who all seem to share such a genuinely pleasant and courteous demeanour.

Reviewers complaining about stairs or wasps at breakfast really need to have a reality check! If you are considering staying here, do it - you won't be disappointed - but if you are - there is probably no hope for you! It is simply outstanding in every respect.

I very much look forward to returning one day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackP1985

Dear JackP1985,
I truly don't have enough words to express my gratitude for such an amazing feedback. I am more than pleased to read how much you enjoyed your holidays with your girlfriend among us and we are already looking forward to take care of you once more.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband have just returned from a week at this lovely hotel. The setting is stunning, as are the rooms, the food and service. Breakfast was very relaxed with a very good choice. I had a lovely treatment at the spa - the talise signature massage. You are able to use all the wonderful facilities of the spa also. The hotel offers a kids pool and club but if I'm honest as the mother of two boys I wouldn't say it was particularly child orientated. The resort of port de soller is lovely with fantastic restaurants and musicians playing by the waters edge, but again apart from the beach not an awful lot for children. We took the train from soller to Palma for the day and it was a lovely day. Lots to see and a really beautiful journey winding through the countryside. To sum up - the jumeirah is a fabulous hotel but it is pricey as is the resort.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Caroline D,
Thank you so much for having chosen Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa for your holidays and for having shared your experience with us through TripAdvisor.
we are delighted to read hoe much you enjoyed our facilities as well as the surroundings.
We look forward to welcome you back,
Best,