All reviews front desk six flags microwave and fridge rooms are large sofa area guest laundry staff was friendly waffles two nights two queen beds hot items exercise room biscuits and gravy highly recommend this property daughter's wedding bath towels upon check
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I selected this hotel because it was near Six Flags and affordable with Choice points. The comfort inn closer to Six Flags was 6,000 more points. It was about a 12 minute drive over to Six Flags.

I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff, but the gal was pleasant at check in. Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was basic, but good.

The only downfall, and other people have mentioned it is the accessibility. You can only turn in from east bound Belvidere Rd.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I reserved a room for free using my points. The original plan was for my teen daughters to stay with us, but they ended up staying with their cousins. When we arrived they had 2 weddings staying at the hotel. I stated that if they needed more rooms with 2 beds we could switch to a 1 bed room. They had no kings available, but because it was my free room they upgraded us to a king jacuzzi room which was awesome. Clean hotel, comfortable bed and it was quiet even though it was full. We didn't eat breakfast there as we had breakfast with family when we picked my kids up, but it smelled wonderful and a lot of people were eating in the dining area. Plenty pf parking and convenient location. I will gladly stay at this hotel again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had a nice sized room, so-so clean. Most of the front desk was friendly. One of the ladies was not helpful at all. She had told us there was transportation to Six Flags, there is NOT. She also gave us an incorrect price for Six Flags tickets. The hotel manager was very helpful in trying to rectify the situation. Very small pool. Hot tub is not very hot. Breakfast is extremely standard and the same from day to day. The beds are comfortable and the hotel was quiet. This hotel is not far from Six Flags but you do need to travel to Gurnee (about ten minutes away) to eat, shop, etc. There is not much in Grayslake.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in April for a basketball event, and it was good. The General Manager, Prit Soni, was great to work with, and he provided our team with an excellent team rate. Upon our arrival, Dawn checked us in. Dawn wasn't overly friendly, because she was experiencing an influx of several guests, and she seemed very flustered.

When we arrived to our room, it smelled like smoke, but eventually the smell dissipated. Although the hotel advertises no smoking, there were some guests that were smoking, because we could smell it through the vents. Our room was very large, the shower was good, and we experienced a decent sleep for two nights. Our kids loved the hot breakfast, and it was one of the tastier ones that we had experienced in a long time, and we travel a lot with basketball. Now, if I could change something, the managers should place pictures on the wall, and not start vacuuming so early on Saturday mornings.

Please note, this property is nestled in the woods, and your GPS doesn't tell you that a median is in the middle of the road, and it will prevent you from driving directly onto the hotel's parking lot. Overall, I highly recommend this property, because the rooms are large, the shower is good, the breakfast is good, and you will have a decent sleep.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Nice rooms, clean, large bath. Tub was fairly plugged up and the bathroom needed a makeover, but generally a good hotel. Looks like they are in the process of renovating.

Very nice staff. Breakfast bar was sub-par and under stocked, but for a budget hotel it was as expected. Pool is WAY over chlorinated and exercise room is almost comical. Parking is very limited and driveway is located on a one way street that is difficult to access if you're coming from the other ways.

All in all a good place to stay and I would recommend.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family