See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The Granite City, IL EconoLodge Inn & Suites exceeded our expectations for a hotel in this price range. Very Good HOT Breakfast which Include Scramble Eggs, Sausages, Biscuits & Gray and much more..We had no complaints. FYI They have not update their Newly Renovated Room Picture Yet.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Nothing special about this out of the way hotel . Had to wait ages for someone to check me in which was not a good start . The breakfast area was nothing to write home about but breakfast was ok . The hotel was near The Chains Of Rock bridge which was my purpose of visiting as I was doing Route 66 and it wasn't far into Route 66

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I picked this hotel for the inexpensive price. It took several attempts to get my door open with several different keys. The room smelled of strong chemicals and smoke. (I picked no smoking). It was humid and the bed felt moist. The refrigerator froze all of my food entirely, which lead me to the complimentary breakfast, which was cold as well. I believe people stay at this hotel upstairs for months at a time. I did not feel safe and would not recommend this hotel. You are better off paying another $20 for piece of mind and cleanliness.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I don't even know where to start.
There is no handrail on the stairs so my mother had to struggle up and down.
My tv constantly reset itself and I had to find the source to watch successfully only AFTER I called the front desk for help.
My lights flicker on and off, if they even turn on.
We had two rooms. One had paint peeling off the walls. Both had two tone paint from where they removed pictures or mirrors but never bothered to touch them up.
The dressers were missing drawers.
When I opened my door I was greeted with wood boards blocking off part of the hallway where they were laying tile. It blocked half my walkway and is def a hazard.
We booked non smoking rooms but got smoking ones which stunk.
It's right next to and surrounded by hourly rate hotels.
I'll go into St. Louis if I ever head there again. I won't stay here.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn V
Reviewed 14 May 2017

The good: The beds were very good, the staff friendly, easy freeway access, and quiet.
The bad: Everywhere you stepped(hall and room) the floor squeaked, thin walls, and we found a dirty sock on the floor(we question the vacuuming).

Date of stay: May 2017